Thursday, January 4, 2024

PHD in 2024

This will be my 6th attempt to achieve a PHD in quilting projects.  I've yet to manage that.  I doubt it happens this year either, but I won't know unless I try.  There are new hostesses for the PHD in 2024, Sharon Anderson and Susan Hatcher of Ms. P Designs USA.  Here's my list of this year's UFOs for the PHD in 2024.  




My strategy this year is to work on a new quilt or a quilt that needs the blocks assembled plus a quilt top to be finished or a quilt top to be assembled.  I've left new quilts off my list in the past and when I don't include something new, it gets harder to finish the older projects.  So I'm going to start a few projects too.  Unfortunately the first two overlap during the first few months of the year.  We'll see how well I keep up with both.  For reference, here's a pictorial view of the projects for 2024. 

To be finished (quilts that need backings, prepping for quilting): L to R: Scrappy Butterflies, 2023 SAHRR (Quilting Gail), String Lights (Just Two Charm Pack Quilts)




Quilts to be assembled (blocks are finished, needs sashing and/or borders): Rhododendron (Bonnie Hunter), Chocolate Marshmallow (Seabreeze Quilts), Squared Away (So Scrappy), Diatom (Quilting Jetgirl)




Quilt blocks to be assembled (projects were block construction is still ongoing): Malted Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs), Indigo Way (Bonnie Hunter), Chilhowie (Bonnie Hunter), Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter), Grandmother's Choice (Barbara Brackman)




I really doubt I finish all 12 of these projects this year. My goal is to make progress on each one.  




If I can move each bar farther down the chart, then I've had a good year.  The most I've ever finished in one year is 7 and I've done that twice.  It would be fun to beat that metric, but if there is good progress across the board, I'll be happy.

Good luck with your PHD list this year.    

7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Chocolate Marshmallow is a pretty set of blocks! The blues and white of Diatom are, too. I made the Squared Away quilt - it's still one of my favorite finishes. Good luck with your PhD list this year, Kate!

Sharon said...

Welcome to PHD in 2024! I love the variety of projects that you've chosen to work on this year. I agree; finishing is nice, but making progress counts as well. Best of luck!

Sara said...

Progress is great even when it's small. I'm a spreadsheet geek too - love how I can see progress in them.

Celine said...

You've got some lovely projects to work on. I am with you on this one, progress is better than nothing!

dq said...

You are so organized. I like that you have already got 3 new starts in 2024. We just cannot help ourselves, can we?

Good luck with your 12 as well.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I look forward to seeing your progress throughout the year. Happy quilting!

Jennifer said...

Such pretty quilts at all phases - hope you meet your goal this year (or at least have fun trying!).