Tuesday, July 11, 2023

To Do List for the Week of 7/11/2023

With the holiday and family plans, I didn't get much done on my To Do List from 6/27, so I skipped writing a post last week.  Even with the extra week, I didn't get everything checked off.  

To Do List for 6/27/2023

1. Just Two Charm Pack Quilts blog hop: Finish assembling rows, start assembling quilt top ✔

2. Diatom: Finish block 9, cut block 10 - progress

3. Wild & Goosey: Make 2 blue or green blocks 

4. Chilhowie: Leaders and enders project 

So there is progress even though not everything got checked off.  

I'm heading to Texas to help Grad Girl pack and move to a new apartment later this week, so I won't have the weekend to stitch. So next week's list will reflect that. 

To Do List for 7/11/2023

1.  Just Two Charm Pack Quilts blog hop (Meadow Mist Designs): Finish assembling the quilt top.  

I've cut the border strips, so all that's left is to sew the rows together and add the borders.  If I can get that done before my trip I'll be happy even if nothing else on the list gets checked off.

2. Wild & Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): 1 red block




I really wanted to add 2 blocks to my list, but I really need to go through my red scraps to add some variety to the blocks. I may get to that this week. It just depends on how far I get on the blog hop project. 

3. Diatom (Quilting Jetgirl): Finish block 9, but block 10




I spent Sunday unstitching the block borders. I got them partially reassembled.  For some reason block 9 is just not going together as quickly as the others did.  

4. Chilhowie (Bonnie Hunter): Leaders and enders




The hourglass blocks for block 6 are finished, so now it's time to stitch up the HSTs.  Those should go pretty quickly.  

5. Butterfly Medallion embroidery: Travel project




I took my sewing machine last time I visited Grad Girl, but the intent of this trip is to help her pack, clean the old apartment, clean the new apartment, and unpack. So there won't be as much down time as my last trip. So I'll take some handwork to do in the evenings. 

Linking up with The Quilt Schmilt: For the Love of Fabric for To Do Tuesday.  

Before I sign off today, I want to thank My Guy for sticking it out for 31 years.  It's not been perfect, but it's always been full of love.  



14 comments:

Chris said...

Happy Anniversary.

Sara said...

Happy anniversary! What a lovely wedding photo!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Aw, happy anniversary! (We're right behind you--our 31st is in early Jan)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

happy anniversary - hope your daughter likes her new apartment

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Happy 31st Anniversary!! Didn't we always look so young and happy--so full of dreams in our wedding photos!!! Glad your dreams came true--with many more to come!!!
Lots of neat projects in the works--of course the hardest one will be the move--pray all goes well--
hugs, di

MissPat said...

Happy Anniversary. I hope the weather is not too brutal in TX this week for the move.
Pat

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy Anniversary, Kate. Such a wonderful photo of you and your hubby. You have some great projects in the works. I hope you have a safe trip and are able to make a lot of progress on your travel project.

Linda said...

Happy 31st! Love that picture. :) The butterfly medallion is really pretty. Looking forward to seeing how the move goes. I'll be sending "cool" thoughts for you.

Julie in GA said...

Happy anniversary! Love the photo! I had the same problem getting through my last to-do list from two weeks ago and am still trying to catch up. Good luck with Grad Girl's move.

dq said...

Awe, 31 years! Congratulations! I like that you mentioned it hasn't been perfect because, ya, that is real life.

Good luck with your stitching time and weekly goals!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Awww Happy Anniversary!!! You all are just so cute!!! I love these photos!!!
and your to do list looks good - you are making progress!!!

Nann said...

Happy anniversary to you both! You are so good at juggling multiple projects.

piecefulwendy said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope the move goes well for Grad Girl (maybe it's done already)!

Jennifer in Indy said...

Aww, love to see the wedding picture - happy anniversary!