Wednesday, July 5, 2023

June Wrap Up: PHD in 2023

We are already half way through the first week in July.  So it's definitely time to check out how my PHD report is faring and link up with Quilting Gail for the June version of the PHD Report. I managed to stitch a bit every day last month, so several projects have progressed, but sadly there were no finishes.  

Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter) didn't advance much this month, but I finished a few blocks.  



 Wild and Goosey was my 2019 Rainbow Scrap Project. The goal this year is to just make a few blocks each month. Each block is only 3.5" unfinished, so it's going to take a lot to finish this project. 

Chilhowie (Bonnie Hunter) is still my leaders and enders project. 


I made some progress on block 6 in June.  

My Stay at Home Round Robin (Quilting Gail) is finally a finished quilt top. 




I'm really happy with how this project worked out. I have three finished quilt tops that need backings and clean up before they can be quilted.  I'm hoping to get back finishing stuff later this month. 

There was steady progress on Diatom (Quilting Jetgirl) this month. 




I finished off 3 and half blocks during June.  Hopefully I can finish the final three this month and then get the quilt assembled. I really like how this project has come together. 

The priority project for June has been to finish my quit for the Meadow Mist Designs blog hop for the book, Just Two Charm Pack Quilts.  The blog hop will start on Monday July 24th, so I've got a couple of weeks to move my project to some type of finished state.  No photos till the hop starts.  But I've moved from cut pieces to assembled rows. I just need to finish the quilt assembly. 

Here's my June report: 




  

It hasn't changed at all from May.  I still have a little less than 6 months to work in a few finishes. Fingers crossed I can make that happen!

7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks like you made a lot of progress in June! Your side by side pictures are fun to look at. I love how you're laying out the Wild and Goosey blocks. All of your projects look great!

Sara said...

Oh yes - the SAHRR turned out great. That final border really makes the rest of it pop. I made just 1 Wild and Goosy block when BH first published the pattern. I really love it but just haven't made any more. Now you are tempting me . . .

Quilting Gail said...

Hi Kate,
Even though you don't have any finishes, you have made progress on lots of projects!!!
Your Wild & Goosey reminded me that I have one started ... somewhere ... do you know where I put it??? I'll have to go and hunt it down!
Chilhowie is a HUGE quilt to do as a leader and ender!!! But it's looking great!
AND I LOVE LOVE LOVE your SAHRR!!! the blues and greens are so pretty! and I love the birds as well!
Good luck finishing 3 more blocks for your Diatom ... it's progressing well!
I look forward to seeing you "Just 2 Charm Pack" quilt!!
Happy Quilting! :-)

Barbara said...

You’ve made lots of progress! I love those blues in Diatom. Very pretty.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

i really like the way you photograph the progress - the before and after!!
They look great and everything is moving forward!!!

Claire said...

Lots of work happening, finishes or no. I love the finished SAHRR top--of course I've loved this one all along. You inspire me to get mine out and get at it again. It's been on time out long enough.

Susie H said...

Looks to me like you make good progress on several quilts last month. Hope you're making good progress again in July. Looking forward to the blog hop!