Tuesday, July 25, 2023

To Do List for the Week of 7/25/2023

There was no to do list for last week.  Grad Girl doesn't have a lot, but it's amazing how long it takes to pack and load, then unload and unpack even a small apartment.  It just didn't make sense to make a list for last week, especially since I didn't do so well on the list for the previous week. Even with another week to work on projects, I didn't check off all the items on the list.  


To Do List for 7/11/2023

1. Just Two Charm Pack Quilts blog hop: Finish assembling the quilt top. ✔

2. Wild and Goosey: Make 1 red block 

3. Diatom: Finish block 9, cut block 10 

4. Chilhowie: Leaders and enders project 

5. Butterfly Medallion embroidery: travel project - no progress


Four out of 5 isn't a bad couple of weeks.  I didn't work on the embroidery project, it's a lot to haul out with all the threads that are needed.  The little hexie flower garden block (see yesterday's post) was a lot easier to pull out and stitch on when I had the energy.  

I'm on my own for most of this week, My Guy is off on a business trip.  Not that I don't sew when he's home, it's just that my evening schedule is my own when he's not home. So what's the plan for this week?


To Do List for 7/25/2023

1. Diatom (Quilting JetGirl): Finish blocks 10, 11 & 12



 

I finished block 9 before I left for Texas and made a start on block 10.  The Diatom quilt parade for this quilt along ends on Monday, July 31st. I'm hoping to have at least the blocks finished by then. Having them sewn together would be better, but I doubt I get that far.  But I'm going to give it a try.  

2. Wild & Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Cut red scraps and make one block.




I could use some red with white backgrounds to make some lighter blocks, all the ones in the pile now are really dark. 

3. Melodic Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): Continue assembly of quilt top




I haven't worked on this project since February.  Melodic Mystery is  Cheryl's 2022-2023 mystery. This year's mystery has already kicked off with the fabric requirements posted earlier this month so it would be nice to get this project to the finished quilt top stage.  

4. Chilhowie Mystery (Bonnie Hunter): Continue as leaders and enders project. 

5. Malted Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): Select fabrics

I've played a little bit with what's in the stash.  I'm having a hard time deciding on a color scheme.  I want do do something a bit different.  However, I still want to like it when it's finished so it's hard to go way out of my comfort zone.  


So that's my list for this week. I have 4 finished quilt tops at this point. I have a back prepped for one of them.  The other three need backings pieced and all 4 need to be prepped for quilting.  I think that will be my focus for the next couple of months.  Other than the Malted Mystery, I'm not planning on starting any other new projects till Bonnie Hunter's 2023 mystery quilt along in November (assuming she does one this year).  Famous last words I'm sure.  

Linking up with The Quilt Schmilt: For the Love of Fabric for this week's To Do Tuesday.  

8 comments:

Sara said...

Moving is hard work even when it's small spaces and limited "stuff". Especially hard with the relentless heat this summer. Enjoy some relaxing stitching this week while your husband is gone for work. I'm going to have just as much trouble adjusting to my husband retiring as he will - IF he actually does retire. He traveled for work 30-35 weeks per year for about 40 years, so I was more used to him being gone than being home. LOL

MissPat said...

Bonnie has already shown black and white photos of the start to this year's mystery, so you won't get a break there. But you have time to get a few things done before then.
Pat

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I hope you have fun working on the final Diatom blocks; I certainly delight in getting to see them as you finish them. :)

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about your husband being gone or home how we figure out our sewing time. Since my husband retired it’s been an added adjustment to figuring out time for my sewing. Knitting I can do while we are together, so I do a lot more of that lately.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

We have helped our son move recently, so I know how that is! I think you did great with your two-week list - sometimes that's a good idea. It looks like all of your projects are in good shape!

Linda said...

Is Grad Girl all unpacked? Enjoy "your" time while Hubs is away!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

I always hate it when hubs is gone but it is nice to have that extra evening time to sew. And quilting always seems to make the time fly anyway! Look at you go on Wild & Goosey! I'm still mulling over what theme/colors I want to keep it to. Not really in a hurry to start it yet.

dq said...

Hello Kate. I get what you are saying about having hubby gone. Certainly it is great to have a companion, yet, time alone on occasion is good for us too. I think it is good for them as well.

I checked out the Meadow Mist Mystery that everyone is selecting fabric for and have decided to just follow along visually. I have decided that you are a mystery girl. I kind of am too, but maybe not as much as you.

I get wanting to do something a little different. I went to a retreat and fell imitate it a little with my elephant quilt / Celestial Star. It is definitely different. I am kind of liking it.