Friday, July 7, 2023

2023 Quilting Ambitions Q2 Check In

Way back in December of last year I posted about my 2023 quilting goals and linked up with Quilting Jetgirls 2023 Planning Party.  We are a little more than halfway through the year, so it's time to take a look at how those plans are going and to link up with the 2023 Q2 Check In.  




2023 Ambition #1: Finish some quilts, make progress on some quilts and start some quilts. 




I've moved a few projects along this year, but no finishes yet. Back in December this year's plan included 4 new projects, but I ended up adding a 5th.  Not much progress on the older UFOs, but there has been some good progress on projects started in 2021 and 2022.  I still have a little over 5 months to get in a few finishes.  I've done a much better job of starting new stuff than I have finishing off the old stuff so far this year. 

2023 Ambition #2: Acquire a new skill. 

My plan was to learn to quilt my own projects now that I'm retired. I've not done anything on this front as yet.  

2023 Ambition #3: Stitch 15 minutes a day and post associated linky party.

So far there have been 25 linky Stitching Stuff linky parties with an average of 12.6 link ups so far in 2023.  I've managed to stitch 85% of the days in 2023, which is much better than I did last year. My goal for 2023 is to stitch at least 75% of the time.  

2023 Ambition #4: Sewing room clean up.  

  • Press, cut and sort scraps: progress
  • Organize yardage: no progress
I did really well during first quarter at taking a half day on Sunday to work on the sewing room clean up.  I've not done so well at during the 2nd quarter.  Something to refocus on for July, August and September. 

So I need to refocus my efforts for the later half of the year if I'm going to achieve all my quilty goals for 2023.  

4 comments:

Sara said...

But look at how many time you recorded "progress" - that's a win! My clean-up goal kind of ebbs and flows too. Right now it's pretty good, but my cutting surface has gotten cluttered again.

Nann said...

I've enjoyed seeing the progress you have made, esp. with the SAHRR.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You're so good at setting goals for yourself like that! Progress on any of them is great. I like how you reward yourself with a couple new starts during the year, too!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I hope that with the quarterly check ins this year it helps us all stay on track a bit better. Based on some of your recent progress, I think you'll have a series of finishes toward the end of the year. Regardless of making all your goals, I hope that you are having fun and enjoying the process.