Sunday, July 30, 2023

Stitching Stuff: Week 29 of 2023


I'm back on track this week with my stitching time.  


  • 15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
  • 15 minute days/July = 19/29 days
  • 15 minute days/2023 = 175/210 days
  • Success rate = 83.33%

The goal for 2023 is to work in some stitching time at least 75% of the time.  So I'm doing OK with that goal, even with last week's lack of stitching time due to Grad Girl's move. 

I really expected to be stitching a lot more once I retired.  But there are still plenty of other things that still require my time. I have dedicated more time to working on my physical fitness (really needed to keep my back in line) and some time to developing my photography skills (though with the heat, I'm not doing nearly as much of that).  Of course there are still lots of chores, laundry doesn't go away when you retire. The biggest increase in stitching time has come on the weekends.  Since I can do housework during the week, my weekends are a lot clearer.  There's a walk in cards for today, then I can sew for the rest of the day.  

Have you been able to get in your stitching time this week?  



    

1. Gretchen
2. maggie f
3. Karen
4. Ivani
5. DonnaleeQ
6. Julie in GA
7. Deb in Canada
8. Amanda
9. Frédérique
10. Dq at Dreamworthyquilts
11. Quilting Gail
12. Andrée at Quilting & Learning

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

9 comments:

Linda said...

You are doing great with your stitching time goal! Do you walk inside on a treadmill, or outside? I recently started doing my stepper again, after taking off since my face surgeries in April. I've been reading on my iPad while I step, and it goes by much faster! Hope you are staying cool.

Ivani said...

83,33% is a wonderful stitching rate.

Julie in GA said...

You are doing very well at finding time to stitch most days. It is surprising sometimes how busy I feel, even after retirement. Like you, I'm making an effort to exercise much more regularly. Right now that means walking early in the morning before the heat is too unbearable.

seabreezequilts said...

Now my hubby is retired he does pretty much all the housework, I just have to do the cooking.

Sara said...

I haven't been in my sewing room at all since Friday morning as we had a house full of family all weekend. But sometime today I'll get back to it.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Time has been my biggest frustration/obstacle when I decided to go "full time" with my quilting. There is just something about being at home--everything draws you away from the sewing room. I used to be able to get so much done in a day but once I started this, I can't seem to make as much progress. Perhaps it's a matter of letting go of some other things? But, ironically, it just takes time to get our schedules figured out. And I hear ya on it being too hot out there for photography! Bring on the cooler months!!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I hope you enjoyed your walk and had a great sewing weekend. Weekends right now for us are perfect for getting away for short camping trips, which is putting a damper on my sewing time!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

A full week of stitching, that's great!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kate, I get it about the time issue with retirement. I am spending more time playing in my studio but there is more cooking than ever before (I hope that Hubby takes some of that on when he retires :-) ) I do love the weekends more, just because I don't feel put out that people are stealing my time when we do family things on the weekend. That's a very nice change.
I love all of your photos!
There must have been something in the air yesterday because I had one of those Mondays too! Oh well, full moon is slowly getting smaller and it's now Tuesday - so hopefully things will be alright! Have a great week.