Saturday, December 23, 2017

Scrappy Rainbow Stuff

All the wrapping is finally finished (at 10 PM last night).  Which is good as we'll be doing a lot of family stuff the next few days. Most of most of my stitching will have to be of the hand variety as we all sit around, drink coffee and visit. 

Before shutting down the sewing room for the major push to finish all the gift wrapping, there was a burst of sewing to make some progress on the next round of flying geese for Bonnie Hunter's On Ringo Lake Mystery.  Framing the Vintage Dress blocks is the current leaders and enders project.  With that last push there was enough stitching to finish the frames around three more blocks. 

Vintage Dresses, pattern by Charise Randell

Just seven blocks left to frame then I can start working on the sashing.  This won't be finished till next year, but that's OK.  I'm happy that there has been this much progress on it this year.  

I'm behind on my 2017 RSC fan blocks.  The plan is to play catch up on those next week.  Hopefully,  all the blocks will be done by year's end so all that's needed is to add sashing and assemble the quilt. That will be one of the projects on 2018 UFO list.  

Wishing everyone a very happy holiday season.  Linking up with Soscrappy for the next to last RSC linky party of 2017.  

17 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I just love those dresses, Kate! Have you decided what you'll use for the sashing? Have a wonderful holiday with your family!

Jennifer said...

Have I mentioned how much I love those dresses? 😉 I hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas!

Libby in TN said...

Merry Christmas to you, Kate! Can't wait to see what you project you pick for RSC18.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Merry Christmas!!! those dresses are looking great!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice progress, Kate! Best of luck on your projects for the coming year.

Angie said...

The dresses look so charming! Looking forward to seeing the final flimsy/quilt!

Louise said...

Merry Christmas! May 2018 be filled with lovely finishes for you, including the Vintage Dresses :)

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

You are working right along on sewing and Christmas--every time you show that dress quilt top--it just gets prettier and prettier!!!
I am still finishing up projects too--got one all finished this morning and am close on a second one--but I need to start doing some wrapping myself--so---
enjoy the moments, di

Pamela Arbour said...

I love those dresses. They are darling.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Lovely to see those vintage dresses again, so sweet. Merry Christmas to you & yours.

Deb A said...

So fun to see these pretty dresses. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Katie Z. said...

I pray you have a blessed Christmas. Your dresses are amazing.

PaulaB quilts said...

Such a delightful collection! Merry Christmas to you and your family, Kate.

Barbara said...

It's looking great. Can't wait to see your progress on this. Merry Christmas.

Emily said...

On the one hand, I'm glad you are getting closer to finishing Dresses. On the other hand, I'll miss seeing them!!! Merry Christmas!

QuiltGranma said...

I love your vintage dresses! I remember the "hour glass" fashions and wish that they would come BACK in fashion! So much prettier than the "bags" available in the stores today!

Cheryl said...

Merry Christmas! I have enjoyed seeing your progress on all of your quilts this past year!