Sunday, December 10, 2017

Stash Stuff for Week 49 of 2017

Some weeks even the best laid plans don't help. That was last week. The constant scratchy/sore throat accompanied by sneezing fits and runny noses was just not conductive to getting any stitching done.  Add in a trip to my mother's for the annual Christmas shopping weekend with the girls (minus the SIT as she's  studying for finals) and my sewing time was pretty much zero.  Only one day in the sewing room last week.  Consequently the stash report is unchanged from last week. 

Used last week:  Nada an inch
Used year to date:  54.92 yards

I do hope to get in a few hours of sewing time this afternoon.  This morning it's laundry and getting a presentation ready for work this next week.  Then this evening, it's getting all the pictures loaded for this year's family calendar.  This photo won't make the calendar, but it's one of my favorite ornaments. 



Hoping for a more productive sewing week.  But this is my last week for the year and there is stuff to get done before next Friday.  I anticipate a few evenings of working from home in order to get it all in.  Fingers crossed that I can still sneak in some stitching here and there.  Linking up with Quiltpaintcreate for the weekly stash report. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the ornament too.
After this week you can hit the sewing harder since you will have time off.

Meloney said...

Love the ornament. I've not even put the tree up, but then again I was gone all week long. DD will be home on Friday from college, so I hope we can get it done then.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

That is such a sweet ornament--I could see it hanging on my tree!!
Sometimes there are just other things that come before sewing--so just breathe, get them done and then you can sew--one thing with fabric --it doesn't 'spoil' while waiting for you to get to it!!
enjoy the moments, di

Sandy Panagos said...

Some weeks are just like that, aren't they? Keeping my fingers crossed, too!

Sandra Walker said...

Aw that is a cutie ornament! I plan to do two calendars and best get at it right away this week.

Barbara said...

What a cute ornament. Hope your stitching week goes better. It's a busy time of the year.