Saturday, December 2, 2017

Scrappy Stuff: Rainbow Scrap Challenge Projects

I'm really late posting today.   I've added in a Saturday morning workout at the gym to my schedule.  I overslept this morning and couldn't get a post finished before we walked out the door.  Once we got home, things just kept coming up so I'm just now sitting down to write this week's post about all the scrappy stuff in the sewing room.  

There's not much to show on this year's Rainbow Scrap Challenge fan blocks, so no pictures. There has been a bit of progress on the sawtooth star blocks under construction for the border of a previous RSC project. 



The dark colored blocks are deep magenta not black.  There are several more stars under construction over at the sewing machine. So progress is slow but steady.  

I've been playing along with Patchwork Times' UFO-2017.  Judy said the project number for December was 6, but we did 6 in October.  I think she meant project number 10, which is my 2015 RSC project, Twinkle Stars (10 is the only number she hasn't used previously this year).  I pulled all the blocks out today to see where I was. 


Twinkle Stars
Tutorial by Andrea Feldbush of Soscrappy

My plan for these was a 8 x 9 layout with one inch sashing.  I'm 4 blocks short.  I'm going to tackle those as leaders and enders once I finish adding the coping strips to the Vintage Dress blocks.  I'm almost finished with those.  

So I doubt any of my remaining RSC projects make it to the finished flimsy stage this month, but there's been good progress this year on moving some of the older ones along.

Linking up with Soscrappy for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and on Sunday with Quilting is More Fun than Housework for Oh Scrap

21 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Twinkle Stars are so pretty, Kate! I'm glad it only needs a few more blocks!

Laura said...

Love your Twinkle Stars project! It sparkles for sure!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I never thought I liked the Twinkle Star block, but seeing yours all together on your design wall has given me a change of heart. That is going to be one stellar quilt!!

Quilter Kathy said...

I love the Twinkle stars! Even better without sashing I think... so sparkly!

Chantal said...

Me too I love your Twinkle Star quilt. It's just awesome and it's even not quilted yet. Wow! ;^)

PaulaB quilts said...

Your stars are stunning! I wish I had closeups to enjoy each one.

Marti said...

I do love your twinkle stars. I wouldn't be surprised what makes it to the flimsy stage. You are a force. Now adding an exercise class to your schedule? Whew!

Cathy said...

Count me among the Twinkle Star fans! I was only introduced to that block last year in our 2016 RSC, but I can see how addicting and lovely they are. Your quilt will be amazing!

Katie Z. said...

Oh, my goodness. Your twinkle stars are simply marvelous! I remember following along with yours and finally being convinced to make a quilt out of them. Good work!

Julie in GA said...

Your Twinkle Stars look so beautiful together. They have me wanting to make some myself.

Jennifer said...

Oh, you’re so close with that one - might be your first finish of next year if you get those blocks done this month!

Julie said...

What a quilt! I haven't seen this one before, and it's impressive with the array of colors. You are doing so well to keep plugging at things. I keep pulling out WIP's/UFO's from the shelf, and tackling them one at a time. It does feel good to keep moving it forward. Good work, Kate.

Jayne said...

I love this quilt! It's amazing! The block, the colors....beautiful!

Sally Trude said...

Your twinkle stars are quite impressive. I love all of the variety.

Mari said...

The twinkler stars are so cute! It will be a finished top before you know it. The sawtooth stars are looking good too.

Emily said...

Beautiful! I don't think I've seen this project before. I absolutely love your blocks. I also like that I am seeing some RSC projects that don't have the blocks in color order or masses of color. I do like that look, but I've been trying to decide what to do for RSC next year and I want something different. This may have given me inspiration!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Your 'twinkle stars' quilt is looking lovely, lots of scrappy sparkling colour!

Cathy said...

Wow! Those Twinkle Stars are gorgeous.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I was thinking I am the only person that hides projects away with only a few more blocks to finish. Happy to see we are in a club of at least two! :)

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

MontyBear said...

I love the Twinkle Stars. RSC 2016 doesn't have the paper piece version on the site any more. Do you know of a source for the paper pieced Twinkle Star. I love stars and your quilt makes me smile.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You covered up that extra gym workout with a lot of great quiltiness ;-) Ha ha!! What are you thinking??? ( just kidding)