Tuesday, July 2, 2024

To Do List for the Week of 07/02/2024

We had heavy rains with strong winds over the weekend, followed by high humidity which has made it just miserable to be outside.  I had to run errands a couple of days last week and came home needing naps afterwards. I'm pretty sure one day I got dehydrated and just felt crappy for most of the day.  All that to say, I didn't make as much progress on my to do list as I had hoped. 


To Do List 06/25/2024

1. 2024 SAHRR: Prep for quilting ✔

2. Kate's Choice: Continue making blocks ✔

3.  Guild BOM: Finish June block - progress

4. Wild and Goosey: Continue making blue blocks ✔

5.  Indigo Way: Continue as leaders and enders ✔


Not a bad week, the important to do items got done.  We have some plans to hang out with family over the 4th of July holiday.  So I probably won't get as much time in my sewing room this week, so my list will be pretty easy going.  


To Do List for 07/02/2024

1.  2024 SAHRR (Quilting Gail):  Package and mail

That should happen today. I need to find a box and print the label, but that's pretty easy. 

2.  Kate's Choice: Continue making blocks. 




I added one more block to the design wall yesterday.  I'm still playing with layouts for the blocks.  Probably a couple more weeks before all the blocks are made for this project. 

3. Guild BOM: Finish June block




The July block has already been posted, but it's one of the smaller 12" blocks.  Hopefully that means it will have fewer pieces to assemble.  

4. 2023 SAHRR (Quilting Gail): Hand stitch binding. 




The quilted top showed up late last week. Though it wasn't on my to do list last week, I took time to make the label and the binding.  Over the weekend the binding got sewn to the front and I started the hand stitching.  I turned the first corner last night, so three left.  I'm really excited to finish this quilt.  

5. Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter):  Finish up blue blocks, start teal blocks

I have two blue blocks in progress, one of those is almost finished. So when I start the next block it will be teal. 

6. Indigo Way (Bonnie Hunter): Continue as my leaders and enders project. 

I finished one of the four remaining setting triangles.  I should finish all of them this week. Then it's assembly time!  

Cheryl of Meadow Mist Designs will release the fabric requirements for this year's Marble Mystery tomorrow.  That will be my next new start. Cutting instructions will follow in August, but I tend to wait till the first clue comes out in September before I start cutting.  I need to finish off a few quilts between now and then.  The two SAHRR quilts will give me a bit of a start on that effort. 

Linking up with The Quilt Schmilt for To Do Tuesday. Good luck with all your goals this week and for those in the US, have a very fun holiday. 

6 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

It's exciting that you are already working on the binding for the 2023 SAHRR and that you'll have the 2024 SAHRR shipped off today, too. Have a great week and enjoy time with family!

Sara said...

That guild monthly block is a beauty! Great job hitting so many goals.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your guild blocks is gorgeous! I bet that took some work - lots of pieces. I'm excited to see your finished 2023 SAHRR, too!

thea said...

Everything looks great! Hope the summer weather won't slow you down too much.

Carol Andrews said...

Kate your Guild block is lovely. You’re doing your binding on SAHRR 2023. Hiw exciting to be almost finished. It does sound as if you got dehydrated. I’m now in the habit of leaving a bottle of water in the car when I’m out and about and usually take my thermos bottle. If the one in the car is warm it’s better than nothing if I’ve already emptied my thermal bottle. I had a bad experience with being dehydrated and never want to do it again. I hope you have a wonderful week, an happy 4th of July and enjoy your family time. Good luck with this week’s list and thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. 😉 Carol

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Our bodies don't adjust quickly to big environmental changes. I think moving to hot and humid conditions is hardest of all! I'm glad you took care of yourself! I too travel with a water bottle and also drink a glass of water four to five times a day to help ward off the effects of heat. We're supposed to have temperatures in the upper 90s and low 100s after the 4th. Yuck! I feel what you went through! Have a great fourth and best wishes on making great progress on your list for this week!