Monday, July 1, 2024

Progress on the Old and the New

It was nice to be home and be back in my sewing room for the week.  Summer has truly taken hold and it's far to hot to do much outside. At least that's my justification for all the sewing room time last week.  There was some good progress on the second oldest project. 




Another 4 blocks are up on the design wall and 2 more are under construction at the sewing machine.  




Just 9 blocks left to finish the planned layout.  Once the blocks are done, it will be time to spend some time practicing how to quilt on my domestic machine before I give the quilt as you go approach a try. 

Sunday afternoon was spent prepping the 2024 SAHRR for quilting. 




Thankfully the black and orange didn't require much in the way of de-threading, but the off white with the orange/gray/black stars frayed quite a bit.  Even so snipping loose threads and pressing didn't take to long.  Now I just need to find a box and get it shipped out for quilting. 

Linking up with Design Wall Monday and Patchwork & Quilts

6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Kate's Choice collection of blocks is looking great! I love that new one with all the flying geese. Hooray for having the SAHRR ready for quilting, too - that's going to be a fun finish!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

You definitely made great progress! We are heading toward another big heat week here, so staying inside and staying cool (and quilting) sounds like a great plan to me, too. :)

Bonnie said...

I’d pass on a box to you if we lived closer. We tend to collect various sizes. But we almost always have one when we need it. Good progress on your UFO. Hope you can get it finished soon. I like staying the basement studio. But every once in a while I am freezing down there. Ah well. We do suffer for our art. 😉😉😅😅

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Kate's Choice is really looking fabulous, Kate. I just love the fabrics that you are using in this quilt. Woo Hoo that your SAHRR is dethreaded and ready to shipped for quilting. I am glad it did not take long. Have a great week. Stay cool. Hugs.

Barbara said...

It’s all looking good. I’m going to be curious how the QAYG works for you. I’ve done it on a few pieces, but they were small table runners and doll quilts. I’ve never tried doing a larger quilt that way. How big are you thinking this quilt will be?

Linda said...

I really like the colors/fabrics on Kate's Choice. I don't know why, but I've never been able to get into QAYG. Do keep us posted on how you like it.