Tuesday, July 23, 2024

To Do List for the Week of 07/23/2024

We've settled back into our normal schedule for the most part.  The weather has been much nicer as it's cooler, but the mold count is way up. So I've been fighting sinus headaches and congestion for most of the week.  It slows me down a little, I tend to nap more (one of the joys of retirement, I don't have to fight the allergies and work).  Even with a few naps, last week's to do list still got finished.  

To Do List for 7/16/2024

1. Rhododendron: Make backing ✔
2. Kate's Choice: Continue making blocks ✔
3. Wild and Goosey:  Continue making teal blocks ✔
4.  Indigo Way: Continue assembly as leaders and enders ✔

To be honest it's a pretty simple list, so the bar is set pretty low.  I reviewed my quilt plan for 2024, my goal was to just have 4 to do's each week to make better progress on the projects.  My ideal to do list mix was something new, something with block piecing needed, something to assemble and something to get quilted.  My current to do list has all but something new.  And that's Ok because something new will creep back in soon. It's nice to spend part of the year really concentrating on getting a few UFOs finished. 

This week's list is pretty much the same as last week's.  

To Do List for 7/23/2024

1. Rhododendron (Bonnie Hunter): Prep backing for quilting



Cleaning up the back is pretty easy.  It just really needs to be de-threaded and given a good pressing.  Before I do that I should probably vacuum my sewing room. All that scrap processing and paper piecing means I have lots of little bits of fabric and paper all over the floor. 

2. Kate's Choice: Continue making blocks



I've been working on a Snail's Trail block.  I only need 4 more blocks to finish what's planned for the layout. If I get busy this week, I should be almost finished with the blocks by the end of the month.  

3.  Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Continue making teal blocks



Five teal blocks have joined the finished stack.  I should be able to get another 5 finished before the end of the month before we move on to a new color for August.  

4.  Indigo Way (Bonnie Hunter): Continue quilt assembly as leaders and enders project. 



Sewing the blocks into rows has been working pretty well as leaders and enders.  I will probably need a new leaders and enders for August.  Looking through my UFOs there is a project that will help me empty some of my scrap bins.  It's on my list, but now I have to find it in the project boxes.

That's my list for this week.  Linking up with The Quilt Schmilt for To Do Tuesday.  

6 comments:

Nann said...

Looks as though you'll have a piece-ful week!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

It's exciting to be close to ready to have another quilt ready to send out once the 2024 SAHRR comes home. Looks like you are making wonderful progress!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really like Snail's Trail blocks - paper-piecing looks like a great way to make one! Glad you're making such good progress on Indigo Way, too. Have a great week!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Retirement does have its perks. You have a fabulous To Do List, Kate. I love the Snail's Trail ; it is one of my favorite blocks. I look forward to seeing it completed with all of the other pretty Kate's Choice blocks. Happy Piecing.

Linda said...

I would love to get out of the habit of napping in the afternoons. It really digs into my sewing time - lol!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Is it nice to be back in somewhat of a routine? I didn't realize the wild and goosey were paper pieced - wow!! very cool!