Tuesday, October 17, 2023

To Do List for the Week of 10/17/2023

Half of October is already gone.  Taking a week and half for vacation will really speed up time.  It's been 3 weeks since my last to do list post.  About half the last list from September was checked off before I left for vacation.  I've checked off the rest since we got back. 

To Do List for 9/26/2023

1. Macaron Mystery: Package and mail out for quilting ✔ 
2. Melodic Mystery: Find backing fabric and design cutting plan ✔
3. Scrappy Butterflies: Finish last border ✔
4. Malted Mystery: Continue working on clue 3 ✔
5. Wild & Goosey : Finish 4 teal blocks ✔
6. Chilhowie: Continue as leader and ender ✔

I did some handwork during vacation, but not enough to add it to the list.  Granted it took 3 weeks to get this far, but that's OK. Progress is what counts.  So what's on this week's to do list? 

To Do List for 10/17/2023

1.  Melodic Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): prep back for quilting




The backing was pieced this weekend. So all that's left is to prep the quilt to go out for quilting. I'd like to have that done by the time Macaron Mystery is on it's way back from being quilted.  

2.  Malted Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): Continue working on clue 4.



I finished all the various blocks and HSTs for step 3 and have made a start on step 4 which came out earlier this month.  

3. Rhododendron (Bonnie Hunter): Start assembling blocks into rows




All the blocks for the 2021 Bonnie Hunter mystery were finished back in January.  Then they got put away in a project box while I started a few new projects.  Now I'm ready to pull these blocks out and finish assembling the quilt top.  

4. Wild & Goosey  (Bonnie Hunter): Make 3 yellow blocks




The rainbow scrap challenge has been my guide for what colors to work on.  This month the color is neutral, but I'm not using any neutrals in this project. I only need 3 yellow blocks to finish out that color.  There's been a good start on the first 2, hopefully a third is doable.  

5. Chilhowie (Bonnie Hunter): Continue as leader and enders project

Block 7 was finished over the weekend.  That leaves just 2 blocks left to piece for my version.  Fingers crossed I can finish those 2 before this year's mystery kicks off in November.  

That's my do to list for this week. Linking up with The Quilt Schmilt: For the Love of Fabric for this week's To Do Tuesday.  

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you are busy since you got back from your vacation

Sara said...

Your color choices for Rhododendron and Malted Mystery are both so rich. Great progress.

Nann said...

Wow. That is an impressive to-do list! I admire the way you can translate the colorway for BH quilts.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

You are so close to having another quilt ready to send out for quilting and I know you have Scrappy Butterflies waiting in the wings (ha!) waiting to go soon, too. Enjoy your week!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You have got a full week planned with so many gorgeous projects, Kate. I love the colors in Wild and Goosey. Well who am I kidding; I love them all!!!Lol I wish you a very productive week. Hugs.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

They're all coming along beautifully. Looks like vacay left you rested and ready to go!

Karin said...

Beautiful projects and so many of it! Seems you are going full steam ahead right back into it.

Linda said...

Maybe I should take a vacay, so I can be inspired to get to work like you! ;) As always, love looking at your projects.