Sunday, October 29, 2023

Stitching Stuff: Week 42 of 2023


Just three days left in October.  This month certainly went fast.  I know November and December will also go really fast.  Not much we can do about that. I'm sewing as much as possible, which is reflected in this week's metrics.  


  • 15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
  • 15 minute days/Oct = 20/28 days
  • 15 minute days/2023 = 255/301 days
  • Success rate = 84.72%

Other than the days we were on vacation, I've done pretty well at getting into the sewing room and making some progress on not only my projects, but on scrap and stash organization.  Mostly scraps this week.  When I started the week, my scrap bin was this full.




After a few scrap cutting sessions, I was almost to the bottom. 




Hopefully it will be an empty bin by next weekend.  

How are you doing on finding time to stitch and/or organize your sewing room?  

1. Gretchen
2. maggie f
3. Karen
4. Melisa- Pinker n' Punkin Quilting
5. DonnaleeQ
6. Quilting Gail
7. katie z.
8. Alycia Quilts-Quiltygirl
9. Frédérique
10. Deb in Canada
11. Janice - Jannimary

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

8 comments:

Linda said...

I'm jealous of your nearly empty scrap bin. Mine grow while I'm not looking. Hope you're staying warm!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I could always spend more time organizing my scraps! Do you have specific sizes you're cutting them into? Have a great Sunday, Kate!

Sara said...

Wow! Wish I could make the scrap bins that empty. I just can't seem to use them up fast enough. LOL

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You have had a great and busy week. I have been trying to organize my sewing room too. I have a question- do you have a bin for all of your scraps or do you organize by color? My scrap bin is overflowing. I do need to get organized and do something with those happy bits of fabric. Enjoy your day. Hugs

Katie Z. said...

I didn’t trim and sort all the pieces in my scrap bin at the beginning of October, and now I deeply regret it. My most recent two quilts produced close to 2000 triangles to trim. Oy. Well done tackling yours!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You have made great use of that Scrap bin!!!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Well done with your scrap basket! It's always great to be in vacations ;)

Jennifer said...

You may have mentioned this before, but curious how you cut your scraps? Bonnie Hunter method or do you have your own approach?