Tuesday, October 24, 2023

To Do List for the Week of 10/24/2023

Just one more week and October will be over.  That just doesn't seem possible.  Just 2 months left in the year. I'm really not ready for that, so we'll just concentrate on taking it a week at a time, starting with last week's to do list. 


To Do List for 10/17/2023

1. Melodic Mystery: Prep back for quilting ✔

2. Malted Mystery: Continue working on clue 4 

3. Rhododendron: Start assembling blocks into rows 

4. Wild & Goosey: Make 3 yellow blocks - progress

5.  Chilhowie: Continue as leaders and enders project 


Four check marks with progress on the fifth is a good week.  I'm hoping this week will be at least as good.  My to do list looks pretty much the same.  

To Do List for 10/24/2023

1. Melodic Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): Prep top for quilting




The back has been cleaned up and pressed.  The top shouldn't take too long.  It's all mostly darker fabrics, so the threads shouldn't show through as badly if I miss a few. The top mostly needs a really good pressing.   

2. Malted Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): Continue to work on clue 4. 




I'm still working on the star flower blocks, but should finish those off today.  Then I need to get going on the flying geese.  I'm hoping to be caught up by the time the clue comes out a week from Thursday.  

3. Rhododendron (Bonnie Hunter): Continue assembling blocks into rows. 




After playing around in EQ, I've decided to add the corner stones to the sashing strips.  That will make assembly a lot easier.  

4.  Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Finish last 2 yellow blocks



 

These are the last of the yellow blocks I need for the planned layout.  Since there are no neutrals in this quilt, I've been using October to catch up on other colors.  If I finish up the yellow, I'll probably move on to orange.  

5. Chilhowie (Bonnie Hunter): Continue as leaders and enders project. 




The hourglass blocks take the longest to construct as a leaders and enders project.  But it has been slow and steady progress on the bits and pieces for block 8.  

That's my list for this week.  Trudy let me know that Macaron Mystery is quilted and I considered adding that to this week's list, but there is no telling when it might show up, so I'll just save that for next week.  Though I should probably but some thought into the name and label this week.  

Linking up with The Quilt Schmilt: For the Love of Fabric for To Do Tuesday.  

5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a pretty backing for your mystery quilt! I think cornerstones always make the blocks line up more easily when you're sewing the blocks together with sashing. What will you use for the cornerstones on Rhododendron? Good luck with your list this week!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Here's to another week of consistent progress!

Bonnie said...

Forward progress is great progress. Because you work on so many projects you probably don't feel that lots of progress is made -- but really you are doing wonderfully. I've got piece of the current Malted Mystery to finish up. Trimming all the flying geese is driving me crazy! Keep up the good work. And, wow. I hadn't quite put the fact that the year is coming to an end. I thought about Christmas in two months but that is as far as I got. EEK>>> time to really focus on the Christmas presents I've committed to.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Kate, you have another week planned with some gorgeous projects. Love the backing fabric hat you have chosen . It is so fun to see Wild and Goosey in progress as well. It has been years since I have paper / foundation pieced. How fun. I am with you - I wish the days would slow down a bit. It is hard to believe we are a few days away from November. Enjoy your week, dear Kate. Hugs.

quiltingbydawn said...

Rhododendron is very striking! Great progress on your quilting.