Monday, December 18, 2017

Progress on Mysterious Stuff

We had a quiet weekend.  The Scientist in Training and I got in some last minute stocking stuffer shopping.  The tree is up and decorated.  There are even a few presents under it.  Even better, I got in some sewing room time.  Not as much as my usual, but enough to get fabric cut for the On Ringo Lake clue 4. 



There are a few more triangles in progress over at the sewing machine.  I just made two initially to make sure my fabric cutting was accurate and to get a feel for the assembly process. This is the first time I've used Bonnie's Essential Triangle Tool, it worked really well.  Having the flat "corner" to match up with the square really helps with accurate piecing.  

One byproduct of getting the tree up, was that the library got cleaned up, so I had room to photograph the En Provence finished flimsy.  


 En Provence, A Bonnie Hunter Mystery (2016)

I'm happy with how last year's mystery turned out.  It still needs the backing pieced. That probably won't happen till next year.  So En Provence won't be finished until 2018, but at least it's mostly done.

Linking up with 
Bonnie Hunter Mystery Linky party
Monday Design Wall 

15 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love how the en provence mystery turned out, beautiful!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I made some Ringo Lake blocks yesterday too. I really like the colors on your En Provence mystery.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohhh But it is lovely! Love the solid border around it!

Alison V. said...

Your En Provence is gorgeous! I really like the contrast in your ORL units too!

Mónica said...

Awesome En Provence! And I love the bright bold colors of your version of On Ringo Lake.

Marti said...

Congratulations on the finish. That is a gorgeous quilt.

Louise said...

Your En Provence turned out so well! Congrats on getting the flimsy finished!

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the En Provence finish - it looks great!

Emily said...

En Provence is beautiful! Congrats on having a finished top!

QuiltGranma said...

your en province is beautiful!

Kate said...

It's so beautiful! And you're pretty reliable about getting them from flimsy to finish, so it'll be a lovely early 2018 finish!

Quilter Kathy said...

Fantastic! Congratulations on a terrific mystery finish!

Sandra Walker said...

Oh Kate En Provence is just such a beauty!! Yay for cleaned up libraries and calendars. :-)

Anonymous said...

It's a really striking quilt. Can't wait to see it quilted.

gayle said...

Woohoo!! I love the added outer border. I've been thinking about doing that with mine - thanks for the visual!