Thursday, February 17, 2011

15 Minute Challenge

I seem to have lost my quilting mojo this week.  I've not been in my sewing room since last Thursday.  Between the swim meet last weekend and the end of the Science Fair Project frenzy, it's just been hard to motivate myself out of my recliner and up the stairs to the sewing room.  It's been easier to just cruse on the computer and read about the quilty accomplishments of everyone else in the quilting blog sphere.   As much as I enjoy that, it won't help me bust my stash, finish my UFOs or reduce my PIGS.  So, starting tonight, I'm going to spend at least 15 minutes in my sewing room every day for the rest of the month.  I'll report in each morning on my 15 minute session from the previous night. 

Thank you Mrs. P (reigning Quilting Queen of the World) for your inspiration. 

3 comments:

Marg said...

I think we all have weeks like that, it would be nice if inspiration, inclination and time were sychronised all the time so that we could quilt whenever we wanted.

Shay said...

Go Kate!

15 minutes isnt a lot of time but sometimes it's so hard to even do that isnt it? I think my frenzy this week was caused by all the long work hours and the need to enforce some work /life balance!

I found working on something different and smmall every night was really helpful in keeping me going because I could see definite progress.

Janice said...

Hi Katie: I am a testimony to how productive 15 minutes a day can make you. I made the commitment to myself at the first of the year that I was going to sew, stitch, piece, for at least 15 minutes every day. I have finished a quilt and gotten 2 other tops finished and ready to be quilted. I was stagnant and stuck, never seeming to get any quilting time in. I has made all the difference in the world to me.

Good luck and I cant wait to hear about your 15 minute adventures.