Monday, January 24, 2022

A Few Beakers

It was a nice weekend. We spent most of Saturday hanging out with the Scientist in Training, so I didn't get to spend a lot of time in my sewing room. But between having Friday off and finding time to stitch Sunday afternoon, I was able to finish just over half of the beaker blocks for Potions. 



The beakers have a few more steps to them than the test tubes did.  Thankfully there aren't as many of them in the quilt.  I moved the Potion blocks over to the large design wall. This is what it looks like now. 

Potions: Pattern from Flying Parrot Designs

I'll cut more of the spacer blocks along with the pieces for the flasks.  That should happen next weekend. Hopefully I can stay on schedule with this project.  So far, so good.  

11 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Potions is looking good! You are making excellent progress on it.

Nann said...

I thought the test tubes would be great....now beakers! Will alembics be next? LOL--i'm surprised my a.m. memory came up with the word "alembic."

Barbara said...

This is going to be so cute.

Quilter Kathy said...

It's coming along well!

Kathy S. said...

Love where this quilt is going!

Sara said...

It's really starting to take shape and looking so cute! Glad you had a day off AND got to spend time with the SIT. I was fortunate to spend Friday evening with both of my daughters, which doesn't happen often.

Ramona said...

My daughter is a scientist, as well, and would love this quilt. You are making great progress on it!

Bonnie said...

I love the lavender background. It really shows off the beakers and test tubes. You seem to be doing a great job of making consistent progress on it. Keep up the good work.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

It's looking great!

Kim said...

My scientist daughter would smile at your fabulous quilt! Such a clever design. I love all those little pops of colour.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love them!!! ITs looking very scientist-y!!!