Saturday, January 15, 2022

Photo Challenge Week 29: A Long Exposure

Winter is definitely here. It snowed here today, just enough to coat the grass.  It was windy and cold. It's definitely not weather you want to be out and about doing photography in. Unfortunately this week's prompt works really well with natural subjects.  




Long exposures are common when you want to capture any low light activity or if you want slow the flow of water.  I really didn't want to spend any time outside, so I struggled to figure out what would make a cool picture. Then I found something in one of the cabinets I was reorganizing.  So my weekend cleaning/decluttering project came to the rescue yet again. 


Kate: Blue on Black


Can you guess the subject of the photo?  My Guy thinks it looks like a pendent.  I agree it does look like a a very bright and bold necklace. 

My Guy did brave the cold to get his shot.


My Guy: A Bit of Night


Obviously his experience in astronomy came in handy this week.  If you look close you can just pick out Orion.  

The Scientist in Training was back at college this week. She had enough going on with figuring out her new schedule, getting books and getting started on her thesis project that she just didn't have time to get a photo this week. Hopefully she'll be back next week for what is likely going to be another subject that's easy, but hard to create images that are different. 




I have a couple of thoughts for this one. Hope you'll stop by next week to see what we all came up with.  

5 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I don't blame you for not wanting to go outside for a photo, especially since a long exposure means extra time to take the photo. Your photo does look like a pendant. I have no idea what it is. Love the sky shot.

Barbara said...

Great photos…I did see Orion.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Great photos. I know it's a still photo, but your blue one seems to pulsate on the screen. Really cool!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm stumped on your photo, Kate! Trying to think what you might find in a cabinet that would create that effect. I do love the night sky photo!

Jennifer said...

Great pictures - love your husband’s and yours looks like it could be a glow stick?