Tuesday, January 4, 2022

To Do Tuesday For Week of 1/4/2022

Sadly it's back to work for me today. I've enjoyed the last week. We've done some deep cleaning around the house, hung out as a family, I've gotten some concentrated time in the sewing room and made really good progress on last week's To Do List. 

Weekly To Do List for 12/28/2021

  • Cabins and Fans: Mail to Trudy for quilting
  • Potions: Start making test tube blocks 
  • Macaron Mystery: Work on Clue 6 
  • Rhododendron Mystery: Work on Clues 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 
  • Unity: Continue making flying geese units as leaders and enders 

Five out of five is the best I've done on a To Do List since the week we took off for Thanksgiving.  Hopefully I'll have more time to stitch on weekends, at least till spring gets here.  My To Do List for this week is probably a bit ambitious. As long as I can check off one item with progress it will be a good week.  

To Do Week for Week of 1/4/2022

Potions: Make test 8 tube blocks


Potions: pattern by Flying Parrots Quilts



This quilt needs to be finished by May, so it will need to go out for quilting in April. That's three months to make all the blocks and assemble the quilt.  All the test tubes need to be done by the middle of the month so I can move on the the beakers the last half of the month.  I don't normally write my goals to be so specific, but I'll need to keep up or it won't be ready in time.  

Macaron Mystery: Start the January Clue


Macaron Mystery: Meadow Mist Designs 2021 Mystery Quilt Along


The December Clue is finished, just in time for the next clue to come out on Thursday.  I may have to let this one slip a bit so I can stay on top of the Potions quilt.  We'll see. 

Rhododendren Mystery Quilt: Work on Clues 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6


Rhododendron Mystery: Bonnie Hunter 2021 Mystery Quilt Along


I'm close to having at least one block for Clue 5 assembled.  I'm way behind on all the clues but the first one, but do have a bit of each clue finished.  This one may have to take a back seat to Potions as well.  We'll see what Clue 6 looks like on Friday.  

Unity: Continue making flying geese as leader and enders

Unity: Bonnie Hunter Stay at Home Quilt Along


The first border for Clue 8 is ready to sew to the rest of the top.  I've been doing more assembly work than just the leaders and enders bit, but that may have to stop till I get Potions done.  I'll keep up the leaders and enders bit, but may have to stop assembling the stars.  

So that's my to do list for this week. Hopefully I can keep up the momentum from being in the sewing room for a week.  Linking up with Linda over at Texas Quilt Gal for To Do Tuesday.  

13 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Congratulations on a very successful week! It sounds like your time off was both relaxing and productive. Looking forward to seeing Potions blocks.

Linda said...

Sorry you had to go back to work. :( Those test tubes are so cute! I can't wait to see Cabins and Fans when the quilting is done.
Thank you for linking to To Do Tuesday! :)

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Fun fabric choices in all of these! Will watch the progress--and good luck!

Sara said...

Isn't it fun to check off those things we've accomplished? I had some lofty goals to work on over the New Years weekend and none of it happened as this cold has laid me low. I love that purple you are using for Rhododendron Trail.

Kathryn T said...

Love the yellow and purple in the Bonnie Hunter mystery block. She sure comes up with great patterns.

Bonnie said...

Kudos for having such a successful week quilting (and, dare I say, deep cleaning. UGH.) Knowing how organized you are I bet you are very successful with the Potions quilt. Have a great week (sorry it's back to work time...)

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I hope that reentry back to work goes as smoothly as possible and you have work days closer to 8-9 hours instead of 12 hours. I look forward to watching the potions quilt grow!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So glad you were able to do all your favorite things over the holidays, including sewing! The Rhododendron block looks great. That's going to be a fun design!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Kate! Ooh, love those potions blocks. Who is this quilt for and is it a special occasion? It sounds nifty with beaker blocks. The Macaron block in a block blocks turned out fab - I really love the read swirly fabric. I couldn't participate in the Rhododendron mystery - I can't spell it! HAHA! Hang in there for this first week back to work. The vacation habits are to adapt to, aren't they? {{Hugs}} a bunch. ~smile~ Roseanne

Ivani said...

It was a very successful week. Thankfully during your vacation you found time for stitching and sewing. Hopefully this year you have less stress at work and more time to do all your quilt projects.
Good luck with your list, especially with the Potions blocks.

Mary said...

Your fabrics/colors for the mystery quilt are very pretty.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Don't do it!!
No work haha!!
Your colors for the bonnie mystery sure are pretty!

chrisknits said...

Everything looks wonderful!