Saturday, December 4, 2021

Photo Challenge: Week 23 Fire

All of us had busy weeks which pretty much sucked the creativity out of our schedules.  We didn't finish last week's challenge till this morning (there are advantages to making the rules). This week's challenge follows water and air from the previous two weeks. 



Fire isn't easy to find this time of year, it's a regular occurrence in the spring when the ranchers burn off their fields.  So we had to create our own fire.  


Kate: To Light the Dark


Using what I had to hand, candles seemed a safe way to get a fire photo.  I like that the candles just barely show up and all the negative space in this shot.  

My Guy also used what was to hand.  


My Guy: We Have Ignition


My Guy captured some really cool match stick shots in the kitchen this morning.  

The Scientist in Training went in a very different direction, she explored the something burnt side of the challenge. 


Scientist in Training: Burned Brain


Finals are next week, but she had several important assignments due this week. So she's feeling a bit burned out, but still has a full weekend of studying ahead of her as she has two final exams first thing Monday morning. She sent me three photos, none of which I was comfortable with as a parent. Been there, done that, and hate that the stress levels haven't changed and maybe are even just a bit worse now.  She was out on a late evening drive, I'm sure with the radio cranked.  It's one of her de-stress tactics.  (She assured me she was parked before taking the photos).  

The challenge for next week almost seems like a repeat in a way. 

 



We've had water as a challenge just a couple of weeks ago.  We'll have to see how we can come up with something unexpected this week. 

5 comments:

Emily said...

This time of year is so rough on students; I remember it well and I see it in the students studying at the community college library where I work. I hope the end is in sight for her soon. I do really love these photo challenges, and you and your guy captured flames really well.

Barbara said...

Fantastic. I love all of them. Looking forward to challenging myself as we head south. There won’t be so much sight-seeing, and so more time for these fun photography outings.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your SIT does look exhausted! I hope it's Winter Break soon. I love your photo of just the tops of the candles - that's a neat effect, as is what your guy caught when playing with matches! Hope you're all having a restful weekend, too.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Both the fire shots are great. I especially like yours with all that negative space. I have burned brain today so I resemble that photo!

Jennifer said...

Oh boy do I feel for your daughter - we’ve just been through finals with the kids here and a stressful end of year at work for me - we are all looking forward to de-stressing over the holidays - hope you all have a chance to do that too!