Thursday, December 30, 2021

2022 Quilting Ambitions

There's just one more day left in 2021.  It always amazes me how fast the last couple of months of the year go.  It's already time to make plans for 2022. I'm playing along with Quilting Jet Girl's 2022 Planning Party again this year. 



This year was especially quick as life was more hectic than normal.  This week is the first chance I've had a chance to just sit and reflect on how my quilty life went in 2021. It wasn't a very productive year on that front. No one can know what the year ahead brings, but it always helps me to reflect on what worked and what didn't before I set my goals for the new year.  

2022 Quilty Ambition #1: Reduce the number of UFOs by making progress on existing projects. 



I'll end 2021 with as many UFOs as there were in 2020.  On the bright side the numbers didn't go up compared to last year.  On the down side, the number of UFOs haven't gone down in the last 8 years.  

I'm not focusing on finishes as my goal for 2022, the focus will be on progress.  Work was pretty intense this year, I expect the same for next year. So why punish myself if I don't have the time or energy to engage in my favorite stress reliever?  So my goal is to make as much progress on as many projects as possible with the time I have available.  

I'll play along with American Patchwork and Quilting's 2022 UFO Challenge to track how I'm doing on this goal. Here's my list for this year in the order I plan to tackle them. 


 And though finishes are not the goal, I'll play along with Quilting Gail's 2022 PHD




The advantage of Gails PHD program is that it tracks new projects as well.  Limiting starts always helps keep the UFO list under control. 

Quilty Ambition #2: Continue to Host the 15 Minutes to Stitch Linky Party in 2022.



This is my motivation to work in 15 minutes of stitching time every day. For some reason if I have to share my progress on the blog, I tend to do better.  Though it certainly didn't work that way this year. 

Stitching for just 15 minutes may not seem like a lot of time, but it can really add up over the course of a week. I'll certainly end up with good progress for the year if I can manage to stitch at least 75% of the time. If work is as busy in 2022 as 2021 was, I should still be able to manage that.  

That's it for my 2022 plans. I gave up on stash management goals several years ago, they don't work for me. I'm going to keep it simple this year. 

Good luck with your plans for 2022.  Do check out all the ambitions posted at Quilting Jet Girl's 2022 Planning Party

9 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I hope that things settle down a bit in 2022 for you (for us all...), but I definitely understand planning as if it doesn't. I hope that you can find 15 minutes a day for quilting most days, and I look forward to seeing your progress throughout the year.

Sara said...

Hopefully you will get more than 15 minutes of stitching a day in 2022. I'm trying to keep my overall goals simple too, and trying to remember to enjoy the process more.

Kathy S. said...

Your UFO challenge list is sooooo neat. I have no idea how to even type and make it end up in the boxes. Good luck with getting your list down this year. Wishing you a happy and healthy 2022.

Helen Anne said...

Good luck on your goals. I like the progress not necessarily complete mentality- that’s how I do mine too

Emily said...

I'm having trouble planning for 2022 as well. I always enjoy seeing your projects and I know 2022 will be no different. Happy New Year!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love watching other people plan ( for real) and I am always so amazed at what they plan and how much they get accomplished. I think you did an excellent job this year!!

heres to a successful 2022!!!!

Meloney said...

I will be joining you on the stitching in 2022. I'm also adding in my organization every day too. Maybe I'll keep my desk tidier this year. :)
Thanks for hosting the stitching party.

DawnyK said...

Your attitude about finishes and life balance are so admirable and remind me to keep going and just choose what's important today. Thank you so much for hosting weekly because it does help me to track 15-mins/day of sewing also. Take care. Happy New Year!!!

Jennifer said...

Those sound like great plans for the year!