Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Best of Life in Pieces in 2021

 This is the 7th year that I've played along with Cheryl of Meadow Mist Designs Best of series. It's fun to look back at some of the high points posted on the blog this last year.

  



1. Most Views (400): Stitching Time: Week 2 of 2021



I'm not sure why this one had so many views, though it's one of my favorite posts from this last year.  The Scientist in Training took a few stitches on my traveling cross stitch project while we were visiting family last Christmas. From that she decided to give embroidery a try.  She had finished two projects by the second week of the year and hasn't looked back since.  She's been designing her own projects for months now.  


2. Second Most Comments(23): The Oldest UFO



The post with the second most comments documented the finish of what was then my oldest UFO.  Picnic Stars is one of my favorite quilts. The blocks had been finished for years, but I could never figure out how I wanted to set them.  Having finally decided on a plan, it took still took me a couple of years to get it finished up. The post with the most comments (27) was my #1 in this list. 


3. Most Link Ups for the 15 Minutes to Stitch (18): Week 1 and  Week 4


Both weeks had 18 link ups. That's one less than the maximum in 2020. But on average there were 13 participants who stuck with the stitching time goal for 2021, which is up from 9 last year.  Thank you to all the bloggers who stuck with me this year, especially since most of them were much better at blogging about getting in their 15 minutes of stitching time than I was.  


4.  My Favorite Finish for 2021: Grassy Creek ( Fritillaria)



Grassy Creek isn't my favorite Bonnie Hunter Mystery, but there were several other factors that made it my favorite finish for 2021.  The colors are out of my comfort zone so normally I would change them for the mystery, but decided to just stick with them to see how that worked. I like the end result. Another reason it's my favorite finish is that this mystery was finished well before this year's started. That's a first. 


5. My favorite family photo challenge post:  Week 23: Fire or Something Burnt.  



The Family Photo Challenge started as a Father's Day Gift for My Guy.  I bought him a card deck full of photo prompts. We draw a new card every Friday (lately it's been a bit later in the weekend as life has been busy). We've had such a great time with this challenge. We didn't think the Scientist in Training would play along each week, but she enjoys it too.  It's been a really fun family thing we can do even though all of us aren't in the same place. It's hard to pick just one favorite from this year, so I just picked the last post for week 23, Fire or Something Burnt.

That's my Best of Life in Pieces for 2021. Linking up with Meadow Mist Designs Best of 2021

5 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I really enjoy Cheryl's linkup; it's a treat to get to see everyone's year end reviews. I think it's especially delightful when it's hard to pick a favorite for a topic or category. :)

Kathy S. said...

Isn't it weird what gets the most views and comments? I found that on my blog as well. LOVE your Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilt. Your fabrics are fantastic. Wishing you a happy and healthy 2022.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I haven't looked to see what had the most comments on my blog. I love both of the quilts that you show and some how do not remember the blue/red stars it is wonderful.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I've enjoyed reading about your Family Photo challenge this year, and enjoyed seeing the results, too! So great that your SIT took up embroidery this year. I think it's a great stress reducer! I love your red, white, and blue stars finish - I'm sure I'm not the only one. Happy New Year, Kate!

Laundered Cotton said...

The most popular post fulfills the 'wearing the cats pajamas' old cliche. ;-)
(I may be just dating myself there.) This is an inspiring roundup; thanks!