Sunday, December 5, 2021

Stitching Suff: Week 49 of 2021


Week 49?  That means there are only 3 more weeks in 2021. Hard to believe we are that close to the end of another year.  But for now let's focus on this week for my sanity's sake.  Week 49 was pretty good for me on the stitching front.  


  • 15 minute days/week 49 = 5/7 days
  • 15 minute days/Nov = 19/30 days
  • 15 minute days/Dec = 2/4 days
  • 15 minute days/2021 = 262/338 days
  • Success rate = 77.51%

I lost one day of stitching time to a late work night and the second to the reaction from the COVID booster shot. I didn't have any reaction to the first two doses other than a really sore arm. That wasn't true for the booster. Thankfully the headache, chills and body aches didn't last for much longer than about 12 hours, it still wasn't fun.  

The Scientist in Training has been spending some time before bed destressing from finishing up her last assignments and getting ready for finals week by getting in a bit of hand stitching.  This is her latest finish.


 
She did a beautiful job on this piece.  She wants me to help her make this into a pillow.  We'll do that over the holiday.  Hard to believe she's only been embroidering for not quite a year. She asked me to teach her some basic stitches right after Christmas last year.  She's definitely exceeded her mother's skill set.  

Are you having much luck fitting in stitching time with the count down to the holiday? 


1. Ivani
2. Julie in GA
3. Meloney
4. maggie f
5. karen
6. Sherrie
7. DonnaleeQ
8. Colletta's Kitchen Sink
9. katie z.
10. DawnyK
11. Andree at Quilting & Learning
12. Carol @ Quilt Schmilt
13. Colletta's Kitchen Sink
14. Quilting Gail
15. Shasta @ High Road

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

16 comments:

Ivani said...

If we have reactions to the vaccine, imagine the damage that the virus would do.
Glad to know you are full vaccinated! I am waiting for the booster shot day, late this month.
Your daughter made a wonderful embroydery and it will be a gorgeous pillow.
It is hard to believe we are so close to the end of the year.
Have a great week.

Julie in GA said...

It is hard to believe that the SIT learned embroidery less than a year ago. The peacock piece is amazing! I'm sure it helps her to have something like that for stress reduction.
Congrats on a good week for stitching time. I didn't have any problems with my booster shot except a sore arm. Glad yours didn't last too long.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm glad your reaction was short lived. I had an actual 3rd shot not a booster because of being autoimmune and I was dizzy for a week and felt very strange - I'm glad it is over. I hope we will not need another vaccine for the new variant - but better than getting sick.
That embroidery is so pretty she does do good

Barbara said...

Glad you’re feeling better. I had a reaction to the booster too. Short-lived, and definitely worth it. I’m blown away by the SIT’s stitchery, and I’m glad she’s discovered the calming effects. Totally why I do it so religiously. She’s a natural.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
I haven't had my booster shot yet, I need to make
an appoinment and get hat done. Your SiT's embroidery
is beautiful...give her a thumbs up. Have a great day!

Sara said...

I had NO stitching time yesterday but did go to guild in the morning and a college basketball doubleheader in the afternoon. A glass of wine with my supper was a guarantee that I stayed out of the sewing room in the evening. :-)

SIT has developed some really good embroidery skills. Sounds like it is a good stress relief for her.

Katie Z. said...

SiT did some amazing stitching!

I also had quite the reaction this weekend from my booster, I’m relieved it’s over and grateful to be better protected.

DawnyK said...

Oh, how lovely to have a beautiful stitcher in the family. So glad you had your booster, but sad to hear about your reactions. I've had mine on a Friday night and rested on Saturday. Wishing you happy stitching time as much as possible in the next 3 weeks.

seabreezequilts said...

That embroidery is really lovely, she is a natural. We will be eligible for a booster in January so will need to get that organised and endured by the sounds of it.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Magnificent piece of work, SIT!!!

Emily @ The Darling Dogwood said...

Wow, that is stunning!!! Tell SIT Well Done! My husband was the same as you RE shots, no reaction to the first two but the booster really knocked him down. Hope you can get some rest!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kate, I'm glad that the effects of the shot didn't last long but that sounds rough. Your daughter's embroidery is gorgeous. I haven't done much except a little bit of slow stitching. Take care and have a good week.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Wow, wonderful embroidery!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Wow this peacock is gorgeous! Peacocks are one of my favorite creatures to look at in artwork.

Jennifer said...

I am reading this as I recover from my booster with the same symptoms you had…but I had them also at the second shot and am glad they aren’t as bad as that. Your daughter’s embroidery is gorgeous - glad that she’s found stitching as a way to help with the stress of school.

Quilter Kathy said...

OMG that peacock is stunning! So wonderful that you have passed on your love of stitching to your daughter!