It's been a busy weekend so far. The Scientist in Training is home for the weekend, she's finishing off her diving certificate. So we've been hanging out at the pool for that. Today it will be the lake so she can finish her open water dives. So not much machine sewing going on, but I did get to spend some time with my long term embroidery project. The second butterfly is almost finished.
I hope to finish off the rest of the wing while the SIT is diving this morning.
We did a little shopping yesterday while we were out and about. I wrangled a visit to the quilt shop as my stash of grays didn't yield anything that could be used as the background for Geek Chic. I found that and a couple of fun patterns too.
I'd have been in good shape except for ambling into the mark down room. Since I had just decided to use a white with red print for alternate star blocks for the Red, White, and Blue Star quilt, I couldn't pass up these red and white goodies that will help finish off that project.
Since I've decided to concentrate on the positive part of this year's stash management goal, we'll just look at what went out.
Fabric used this week: 3.96 yards
Fabric used year to date: 46.54 yards
The backing for the Scrappy Coffee Cup quilt helped a lot with the stash numbers this week. In terms of finding time to stitch, this week there were 6 out of 7 days with stitching going on. That brings it to 214 out of 245 days for 2017. That's a 87% success rate. I'm hoping to get back to the low 90s by the end of the year. This summer has been insanely busy. I'm hoping that autumn will proceed with a much more mellow pace.
Linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday and with Quiltpaintcreate for this week's stash report.