I've been getting in about 45 minutes each evening in the sewing room. It's been a great stress reliever. Wish I had more time to play, but I'll take what I can get. This year's RSC project is still in catch up phase. One more large blue fan block is finished.
The fourth large fan block has been started. Then there are 4 small blue fan blocks to make before I'm caught up to September. I did find all my orange fabrics. Hopefully by the end of the weekend, I'll at least have the parings all picked out for those blocks.
There's also been some progress on last year's RSC project. Vintage Dresses is my September UFO project. All the blocks are done and the final setting had been worked out. The challenge came when figuring out the measurements for cutting the setting pieces. The setting adds a colored frame around each block, figuring out the corner sizes wasn't as easy as I'd hoped.
block pattern by Charise Randell
The hang up was figuring out how big the triangles needed to be for the corner stones. The inner white frame will be 0.5", the colored frame will be the same. After playing with some trial pieces I've finally got the sizes needed to make the corner blocks.
Not the best fabric combination, but these were all sitting in my scrap pile, so I considered them fair game for my experiments. Though my math skills aren't bad, I like to confirm my calculations in a mock up before trying it on the actual blocks. Less un-sewing that way.
Linking up with Soscrappy for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and with Quilting is More Fun than Housework for Oh Scrap on Sunday.