Tuesday, September 8, 2026

To List for the Week of 9/8/2026

Labor Day has come and gone, it's supposed to be autumn.  Looks like we've got a few more triple digit days and then temps drop to the low to mid 90's.  Not my idea of autumn, but I'll take just anything lower at this point.  

Staying in the sewing room is easy when it's too miserable to leave the house.  That means I did pretty well on my list for last week.  

To Do List for 9/1/2026

1. Glowing Hearts: Continue quilting ✔
2. Squared Away: press, cut and prep backing ✔
3. Celtic Solstice: Continue working on blocks ✔
4. 2026 Guild BOM: Finish instructions, cut pieces - progress
5. Wild and Goosey: Continue making teal blocks ✔

Four check marks with progress on the 5th is a really good week.  Let's see if I can do as well this week. 

To Do List for 9/8/2026

1. Glowing Hearts (Sandra Walker): Continue quilting





Last week I finished up the top middle row, re-pinned the ends and started in on the bottom middle row.  The middle block in that row is completely quilted.  I've figured out how to manage a few things so the quilting is going faster.  Hopefully I can finish this row and get started on the third one before the end of this week.  

2.  2026 Guild BOM: Finish cutting fabrics for assembly

The instructions were written last week, but I didn't get started on cutting out the sashing strips needed for final assembly.  I'm planning to take this project with me when I visit My Girl later this month.   

3. Celtic Solstice (Bonnie Hunter): Continue making blocks




All the pieces for the remaining blocks are cut, now I just need to sew them all together. I've made good progress on the chevron blocks, but still have more to make.  Any progress on this project is good. It's going to take a bit to finish off the main blocks.   

4. Marigold Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): Cut fabrics for September blocks 





The scrappy parts are cut for the chain blocks. The plan is to get the rest of the cutting done for September this afternoon.  

5. Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Finish teal/start purple

Just a three more teal blocks to finish and then those will be ready for sashing and I can make some progress on moving the purple ones along.  

My list doesn't seem to change much week to week.  Maybe because the Guild BOM and Wild and Goosey are on it more weeks than not.  but three projects are finished, 2 more are being quilted and 5 have moved to finished quilt tops. My to do list hasn't shrunk, but the number of projects in boxes has. Linking up with the Quilt Schmilt for To Do Tuesday.   

8 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Having the number of project in boxes shrink is definitely an accomplishment! I hope you have another productive week.

Sara said...

I love those polka dots, and look forward to seeing them in the Marigold blocks. You've been making steady progress on everything lately. The Glowing Hearts quilt will be awesome with your quilting.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it always looks like you had progress with something!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

You are moving these quilts right along--before you know it you will have start a couple new quilts to work on--stay cool--hugs, di

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Moving 5 projects to finished tops in recent weeks is a huge celebration, Kate! You're an inspiration for staying faithful to something you're working on and seeing it through. Wishing it would cool down here, too - we're still hitting the 90s every day - at this point, mid-80s would feel wonderful!

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal said...

I looked at the 104° on our thermometer yesterday afternoon and was so disgusted. This has gone on much too long! The fabrics for Glowing Hearts is so pretty.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It is still hot and dry here too , Kate, but rain is in the forecast by the weekend. It does make for good time in the quilt room though. It is so lovely to see your progress on Glowing Hearts. You are moving right along on the quilting. Stay cool and have a productive week. Hugs.

Bonnie said...

Progress is moving anything forward and you are doing a stellar job of it. Although, I must say if you only worked on a two or three projects each week you'd see faster results. But, I admit I generally work on a multitude of projects each week too. Congrats on making progress on your Glowing Hearts. It's going to be beautiful.