Tuesday, September 8, 2026

To List for the Week of 9/8/2026

Labor Day has come and gone, it's supposed to be autumn.  Looks like we've got a few more triple digit days and then temps drop to the low to mid 90's.  Not my idea of autumn, but I'll take just anything lower at this point.  

Staying in the sewing room is easy when it's too miserable to leave the house.  That means I did pretty well on my list for last week.  

To Do List for 9/1/2026

1. Glowing Hearts: Continue quilting ✔
2. Squared Away: press, cut and prep backing 
3. Celtic Solstice: Continue working on blocks 
4. 2026 Guild BOM: Finish instructions, cut pieces - progress
5. Wild and Goosey: Continue making teal blocks 

Four check marks with progress on the 5th is a really good week.  Let's see if I can do as well this week. 

To Do List for 9/8/2026

1. Glowing Hearts (Sandra Walker): Continue quilting





Last week I finished up the top middle row, re-pinned the ends and started in on the bottom middle row.  The middle block in that row is completely quilted.  I've figured out how to manage a few things so the quilting is going faster.  Hopefully I can finish this row and get started on the third one before the end of this week.  

2.  2026 Guild BOM: Finish cutting fabrics for assembly

The instructions were written last week, but I didn't get started on cutting out the sashing strips needed for final assembly.  I'm planning to take this project with me when I visit My Girl later this month.   

3. Celtic Solstice (Bonnie Hunter): Continue making blocks




All the pieces for the remaining blocks are cut, now I just need to sew them all together. I've made good progress on the chevron blocks, but still have more to make.  Any progress on this project is good. It's going to take a bit to finish off the main blocks.   

4. Marigold Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): Cut fabrics for September blocks 





The scrappy parts are cut for the chain blocks. The plan is to get the rest of the cutting done for September this afternoon.  

5. Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Finish teal/start purple

Just a three more teal blocks to finish and then those will be ready for sashing and I can make some progress on moving the purple ones along.  

My list doesn't seem to change much week to week.  Maybe because the Guild BOM and Wild and Goosey are on it more weeks than not.  but three projects are finished, 2 more are being quilted and 5 have moved to finished quilt tops. My to do list hasn't shrunk, but the number of projects in boxes has. Linking up with the Quilt Schmilt for To Do Tuesday.   

No comments: