Monday, September 21, 2026

Stitching on the Road

This week I'm spending some time with My Girl in Texas.  It's still pretty warm here and projected to stay that way the whole time I'm here. At least the highs are in the low to mid 90's, versus the 100 plus we've had for weeks at home.  We spent Saturday shopping and but spent Sunday just hanging out.  Since we were visiting and such, I pulled out my embroidery to work on and didn't completely set up my sewing stuff.  




My sewing machine is at least out of the case and is setting on the table where I'll sew.  I'll finish setting up today and start pulling out my projects. 




The light blue bag has the bits and pieces of Celtic Solstice and Wild and Goosey.  Those are my two main projects. The Missouri Star Sweet 16 bag has 3 other quilt projects plus my embroidery project.  I hope to work on at least two of the other quilt projects, I doubt I get to the third. 




My Girl has a cutting/ironing table and a design wall we set up last time I visited. So definitely not a bad set up. Other than I'll have to be careful to get up and stretch frequently when sewing at the table, my shoulder suffers when I don't have an ergonomic set up. So significant sewing time may be an every other day thing while I'm here.  




I'm not completely on my own.  I'll have Queenie as a stitching buddy this week while My Girl is at work. 

I'll get this posted and linked up to Patchwork & Quilts, as well as, Sew & Tell Monday, then finish setting up and get some sewing in before lunch.    


 

No comments: