Tuesday, September 15, 2026

To Do List for the Week of 9/15/2026

My sewing mojo dipped a bit last week.  Not sure why, but it was just harder to get up to the sewing room.  It didn't help that I felt crappy last weekend.  It wasn't a horrible week, there was still good progress on the to do list, but a few things slipped through the cracks. 

   

To Do List for 9/8/2026

1. Glowing Hearts: Continue quilting ✔

2. 2026 Guild BOM: Cut fabrics needed for assembly - no progress

3. Celtic Solstice: Continue making blocks ✔

4. Marigold Mystery: Cut fabrics for September blocks ✔

5. Wild and Goosey: Finish teal/start purple blocks ✔


Not a bad week, but the one thing I really needed to get done, cut the fabrics for the 2026 Guild BOM, was just not something I wanted to do.  That will definitely show up on this week's list and it needs to get done or I'm going to fall behind on the one "have to do" thing in my sewing room. 

 

To Do List for 9/15/2026

1. Glowing Hearts (Sandra Walker): Continue quilting




Two rows are completely quilted now.  I doubt a third row gets finished this week, but I should get at least one more block quilted. 

2. 2026 Guild BOM: Cut fabrics needed for assembly

This the third week in a row that this has been on the to do list.  I'm planning to finish it today, so actual construction can happen next week.  

3. Celtic Solstice (Bonnie Hunter): Continue making blocks



 

I've finished all the chevron components for the blocks. Those have been added to the center and corner units that were in the project box when I pulled it out.  There were enough of those components for 5 blocks.  I'm almost finished with the center windmill blocks, but the corner components are going to take some time. I just got started on those.  Just 6 more blocks to make and then quilt assembly can start. Not bad progress for just 2 weeks.  

4. Marigold Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): Work on September blocks

All the fabrics are cut, I just haven't started assembly yet.  Starting on those blocks was supposed to be my reward for cutting the strips needed for the 2026 BOM.  As that didn't happen, those pieces stayed in the project bag.  

5. Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Work on teal/purple blocks




All the teal blocks are finished.  They spent some time up on the design wall so I could lay out the 4-patch pairings. Next step is to sash these with black strips to make the 7" blocks.  I've started back on making the purple blocks.  I need to check on how many are still left to make before I cut more fabrics.  It would nice to have this project ready to assemble before the end of the year. Not sure I'll make that, but it should be close.  

That's my list for this week.  I'm heading out this weekend to spend some time with My Girl. My Guy is holding down the fort at home. The sewing machine is going along. I'll get some stitching done, but I probably won't get to everything.  My Girl has a big list of things for us to do over the weekend, so I may not get much done before next Tuesday. We'll see how that works out.  

Linking up the Quilt Schmilt for To Do Tuesday.  

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of bold color - and plenty of progress in spite of not feeling well. Good job! Those Wild and Goosy blocks are gorgeous!!

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal said...

You've been plugging away in spite of it all! Sounds like some time with your Girl is just what you need - enjoy.

Nann said...

Your color arrangement for W&G has me intrigued! Good job on the hearts quilting. Have a good week.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kate, I hope that you'll feel better this week. You need to get onto that guild quilt so that you can reward yourself with the Marigold Mystery quilt :-) I was doing great on the quilting last week but probably over did it. I've had a great few days outside of quilting, so quilting or stitching is on the agenda for the rest of the week. I have to have something to post on!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

my sewing mojo has dropped a lot his past year - I used to be sewing all the time and now there are days I could care less. Have a nice break with your girl.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I was thinking about you the other day, Kate and was wondering how you were fairing with your allergies. I do hope you are feeling better. You are moving right along on Glowing Hearts. It looks like you have a good list of projects to keep you busy for the week. Warm hugs.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling good - hope it's better now. Looks like you're making good progress on quilting Glowing Hearts. Have a wonderful time visiting your girl! Hope she's doing well in her job and liking life in Houston.

Barbara said...

It’s all looking good, Kate. Love the quilting.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Have a great time withe your girl, and I think the progress you have made on Celtic Solstice in 2 weeks is impressive!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I hope you are feeling better. Not feeling well would mess with the sew mojo! You still made progress in spite of how you felt that is a huge win in my book. I too love all the color!

piecefulwendy said...

Sorry you weren't feeling well and that your mojo has left the building. I hope you enjoy a great weekend with your daughter!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Hope you are feeling better. I like your hearts - its so pretty - your doing amazing with the quilting!