I'll start my trip back to Oklahoma in just a bit. Not looking forward to the drive. I won't get home till dinner time tonight. I've had such a good time hanging out with My Girl this week. We've hit all our favorite food spots, plus found a new place for brunch that has the potential to become "our" brunch spot, even when her dad is along for a trip. We did some "necessary" stuff shopping and some just for fun shopping. We did a lot of just hanging out and talking. So it's been a good visit.
I spent the week sewing at the dining room table. Not ideal, it's not ergonomic, so I can't sew for long stretches. Even with the restrictions, I did make good progress on Celtic Solstice.
The last 6 main blocks for Celtic Solstice (Bonnie Hunter) are finished. Now it's time to start assembling the quilt top. That will happen this week once I'm home.
Several of the teal Wild and Goosey blocks (Bonnie Hunter) are now 7" sashed blocks.
That's a third of the blocks. Another 8 left to sash and those will be done.
It wasn't a bad week on the stitching front. I probably won't get much stitching done today since I'm driving home. But I am looking forward to spending some time in my sewing room this week once I've caught up on laundry.
Linking up with Patchwork & Quilts, as well as, Sew & Tell Monday.


12 comments:
That sounds like a nice week, with a little bit of everything included. Have a safe drive home!
It sounds like such a great trip, so glad you had good times with your Girl. Safe travels!
Getting the Celtic Solstice main blocks finished is certainly great progress! I'm glad it was a good visit and I hope you have safe travels home.
Despite the uncomfortable sewing station, it sounds as though you both had a good week! I always admire your colorways.
Wonderful progress if you ask me. You keep moving projects forward. I am always happy if I can move a project forward, even a tiny bit. Hope you have a safe drive home and in a day or two hit that sewing room and make more progress. Love the Wild and Goosey in teal and black -- very striking!
it is nice to have the visit but yes that is a long drive back home -hope you have a good sleep tonight - I assume you are driving through? I would need a break - how long of a drive is that from Houston?
Wow...you got a lot done! Nice work. Safe travels home.
Wow, some great progress, considering you were working out of your usual studio! Love those teal blocks. I hope you had a safe drive home.
I wish you a safe trip home, Kate. I am glad you got to spend time with your daughter this week. It sounds like you had a great time. Your Celtic Solstice blocks look amazing.
It's so special to spend time with a daughter, it's nice when they become our 'friends'. Safe travels home, happy stitching!
Glad you had a good time!! Hope the drive was okay
I love the colors of your Celtic Solstice! You did well sewing away from your usual place. Hope you had safe travels home. Always fun to spend time with our daughters, right?!
Post a Comment