Saturday, March 25, 2023

Week 63 Photo Challenge: A Car

We suspended the challenge for a week because two of us had a hard time getting a photo for the last challenge card. 



Cars are everywhere, but how do you get an interesting shot?  Even after a second week, I was scrambling around last night trying to figure out a picture for today. 


Kate: A visit to Lego Land


I finally decided to go with a toy car. This is one of Grad Girl's many Lego sets (we have a whole city set up on the bookcases in the living room).  I'm in the process of disassembling these sets as part of my decluttering efforts.  But maybe I shouldn't be in such a hurry. They've been the subject of several challenge photos over the last couple of years.  

My Guy went with you don't see that car every day. 


My Guy: Presidential limousine


We visited the George H. W. Bush Presidential Library in College Station last week. It's not every day you see a Presidential limousine. We enjoyed the visit, but it really put our history knowledge to the test. We did a lot of "Oh yeah, I forgot that happened then" during our viewing of the exhibits.   

Grad Girl went with a completely different perspective on a car. 


Grad Girl: From the Kid's Perspective

 
This has been Grad Girl's view from the back seat for 24 years. When she was a toddler, we made a lot of long drives from south Texas to Missouri.  As part of the entertainment (so we could get a little farther down the road), we would often hand her one of our point and shoot cameras. There were usually a fair number of little feet photos, but there were also sure to be a few shots like this on the card too.   

The challenge for this week should produce some really fun photos.
 




We only have 8 cards left. We will be sorry to see the end of this challenge, it's been a lot of fun for all of us.  

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Fun photos! There are lots of Legos at our house, too, but most are in tubs in the basement. Our kids have been out of the house longer than yours has!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I do enjoy your photo challenge each week and how you are practicing taking photos--I need to get back to doing photos with my big camera--besides just when I go to the Zoo!!
Why not shuffle the deck of cards and start over again--you can easily do the same cards--just different angles and views etc. as you have all learned more about photography since you started this card game--and 'we' the readers like seeing your photos each week!!
hugs, di

Sara said...

We'll ALL be sad to see the photography challenges end. I love seeing them each week.

The last presidential library we visited was Hoover's in Iowa. It was fascinating and did the same thing as you - kept saying Oh yeah, forgot that happened then. Or commented that we didn't know some of the things as Hoover was so long before we were born. LBJs library in Texas was interesting too.

Linda said...

I really like your shot of the Lego car - so neat! All the photos are great, and I love GG's perspective. That view is one of my fondest memories of growing up. We have never visited George Bush Library - still on our list.