Tuesday, March 7, 2023

To Do List for the Week of 3/7/2023

We've had a beautiful few days, it actually felt like spring.  But that's over and we'll be back to colder temps and rain for the next few days. It will be good sewing room weather.  I skipped my all day sewing session on Sunday because it was too pretty to stay inside.  Consequently, I didn't get as far on last week's to do list as I had planned.  

To Do List for 2/28/2023

1. SAHRR: Finish Border 3, make progress on 4,5, and 6 - progress
2. Wild and Goosey: Make one block ✔
3. Chilhowie: Continue as leader and ender ✔

Check marks on two out of three, with progress on the third isn't a bad week. The final parade for the SAHRR is next Monday, so I'm going to stick to pretty much the same list for this week in hopes of being almost finished by the time that linky party goes live (more realistically, before it closes).  

To Do List for 3/7/2023

1. SAHRR (Quilting Gail): Work on border blocks and assembly


I picked a more complicated pinwheel block, so I'll have to work diligently to get enough of these made to finish the 6th border.  There's been good progress on the other borders.  I really doubt I have the top finished by the 13th, but I'm going to give it my best shot. 

2.  Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Make one green block


  
I've got the fabrics picked out for the 8th green block.  These little blocks don't take long, but they can't be chain pieced because of the paper piecing part, not all the seams go out to the edge of the block.

3. Chilhowie (Bonnie Hunter): Continue assembling blocks as leaders and enders. 


  
Assembly of the third block is in progress.  I've cut more purple squares so those are ready to go once I start the block border.  

That's my list for this week. Since it's supposed to rain so much this week, I'm hoping that means I'll have more time to stitch each afternoon.  We'll see how that works out.  Linking up with The Quilt Schmilt: for the Love of Fabric for this week's To Do List.  

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we are supposed to get a bit of rain here too - I figure I will catch up on my sewing later this week and next.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I'm glad you had some good weather and took advantage of it. I'm looking forward to having warmer weather where we are; I'm ready for this snow to melt! I hope you have a great week and have fun working and making progress on these projects.

Bonnie said...

Good to see you making progress on your projects. Doesn't nice weather just call you to go outside.

Sara said...

You've made some great progress! Love those colors!!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Good luck on getting your SAHRR top done in time! You can do it!

Linda said...

You had nice progress! I won't have my SAHRR done, but I'm going to post my non-progress anyway. ;)

Carol Andrews said...

Kate you had another week with so much progress on you wips in spite of the nice weather. If it ever stops raining or snowing here I will be out walking for sure. Good luck this week on your list. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday and sharing the inspiring photos of your progress.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Bits of progress, Kate. Little by little projects get closer to completion. Happy quilting!