Sunday, March 5, 2023

Stay At Home Round Robin: Week 6

The last prompt for the SAHRR was posted by Quilting Gail last Monday.  Borders 1 and 2 are done, I'm still working on 3, 4, 5 and 6.  I did decide on what the final border will look like.  I'm not a fan of the typical 4 patch pinwheel blocks. Not sure why, they just don't appeal to me. So I typed pinwheel into the search function of EQ and found another pinwheel block that I did like. 




Of course this block requires 8 HSTs, all at 1.5" to end up with a 4" finished block.  I can't seem to make anything easier, more complicated just seems to appeal to me more.  I've only got one of these blocks made, but there are several other versions in various stages of completion over at the sewing machine.  

Here's all the bits and pieces of my SAHRR up on the design wall.




The hourglass blocks are all finished, and two of the sides have been sewn on to the top. The remaining two sides are being sewn together.  I'll need to add spacer borders of the background fabric before assembling all the flying geese to make border 4.  It looks like more flying geese than I'll need, but once they are sewn together they should shrink to fit the spacer borders. There are few more to make to have enough for the bottom border.  I've got one border of the square in a square blocks finished  and started on the blocks needed for border 6.  The final SAHRR parade is March 13th. Hopefully I'll have a mostly assembled top by then. There are still a lot of blocks left to make to have a finished set of borders.   

Linking up with Quilting Gail for SAHRR Round 6, Monday Design Wall and Patchwork & Quilts

11 comments:

Sandy Panagos said...

Your SAHRR is coming along beautifully. Glad your shoulder is feeling somewhat better.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I love the colors you are using in your quilt. Sounds like you have a good plan, happy stitching!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

good luck in getting yours completed for the deadline

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh but that is going to be a cool addition!! Go yoU!!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I really like your choice for the pinwheel block. It might be more complicated, but it sure is more interesting!

Kim said...

Your pinwheel block is fabulous. As you say so, much more interesting than the pinwheels one normally sees.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It is so much fun to see this quilt come together. Pretty little pinwheel. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a pretty pinwheel, Kate! I think it fits with the rest of your blocks, too. I had a little time to start sewing my borders together today - hoping to make some more progress tomorrow!

Barbara said...

It’s looking really pretty. Love your colors.

Quilting Gail said...

I'm glad that you found a pinwheel block that you like!!! it's going to look great in your SAHRR!!!
Thanks for linking to SAHRR #6!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking good, Kate! Best of luck on assembling the quilt top.