Tuesday, February 14, 2023

To Do List for the Week of 2/14/2023



Happy Valentine's Day!  Hope you have some fun plans with your loved ones.  Grad Girl got her box of goodies over the weekend (including a toy or two for Queenie). My Guy is currently somewhere between here and Arizona, but he took me out for a special Valentine brunch on Saturday and then I took him out to dinner on Sunday (normally he cooks on Sunday).  

Last weekend was busy, on top of the celebrating the holiday early, there was science fair to judge and getting My Guy ready for his trip.  You can probably tell what's coming, the To Do List didn't fair all that well last week. 

To Do List for 2/7/2023

1. SAHRR: Finish border 2, start border 3 - progress
2. Wild and Goosey: Make one blue block ✔
3. Chilhowie: Make components as leaders and enders 
4. Unity: Prepare for quilting - no progress

Two check marks and progress on a third is actually a pretty good week. I didn't think I'd get to Unity and I didn't.  Eventually it will get done.  Probably once the SAHRR is over.  

It's the middle of the month tomorrow.  There are other quilt alongs in progress that I need to get back to, so this week's to do list is going to be longer than it has been. 

To Do List for 2/14/2023

1.  SAHRR(Quilting Gail): Finish borders 2 and 3, start 4



All the friendship stars for the second border are finally done, I've started on the hourglass blocks for the third border and I've worked out what border 4 is going to look like.  If I can get 2 and 3 done and a start on border 4, I'll be happy with my progress.  

2. Diatom (Quilting Jetgirl): Make block 3



Blocks 1 & 2 are completed.  These blocks go together pretty quickly once all the pieces are cut.  I should be able to get #3 finished before #4 comes out this Friday. 

3.  Melodic Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): Start assembling blocks into a top



I was all caught up on the component parts when the reveal and final assembly clue came out earlier this month.  The goal is to have the top assembled by the end of the month.  That should be doable if I get going on it this week. 

4. Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Make at least 1 blue block



I'm two for two on getting blocks made.  I may have gone too dark with the newest block.  I probably need at least one more like that to pair it with. I'd probably be wise to mix in more lights with the darks.  The goal is to get at least 4 blue blocks made this month.  Before I make block #3, I need to find the black I was using as a background. I'm not sure where it went. Hopefully it's in the pile with the other fabrics for the in progress projects.

5. Chilhowie (Bonnie Hunter): Continue making component parts as leaders/enders



There are almost enough of the hourglass blocks to make another full block.  We'll see if I get that far this week. 

That's my list for this week.  It's pretty ambitious. I'm going to need to get into my sewing room and get busy every day this week to have a full set of check marks for next week. 

Linking up Carol who blogs at Quilt Schmilt: For the Love of Fabric for To Do Tuesday.  Good luck with your to do list this week.  

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the bird quilt looks great

Sara said...

I love those blue Diatom blocks. Just gorgeous rich colors! Hope your husband has safe travels. We left Tucson last week on Wednesday morning, but didn't get to Oklahoma until Friday due to weather delays. We've decided that driving I-40 again might be avoided. LOL

Linda said...

I'm enjoying your SAHRR progress. How nice you had brunch and dinner out with your Guy before his trip. Wishing safe travels for him!

Ivani said...

Beautiful blue blocks this week, Kate. Happy Valentine's Day!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I think celebrating Valentine's Day early is smart. I really look forward to seeing how your SAHRR comes together; have a great week!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It is amazing to think it's already the middle of February! Your SAHRR and Diatom blocks are looking great. You'll get to Unity one of these days!

Julie in GA said...

Good luck with your list for the next week. You have some beautiful projects in the works. Those Diatom blocks absolutely glow!

Marti said...

Congratulations on your completed goals. I like seeing your SAHRR progress. I see a lot of blues in your projects, and I love blues. Your Wild and Goosey looks really interesting. I love the randomness whether it was planned or not.

Quilter Kathy said...

So many great projects being created!
Every year I say I'm going to start the SAHRR but I don't!
Maybe next year!
Love your bird centre!