Tuesday, April 12, 2022

To Do Tuesday for the Week of 4/12/2022

Life has been busy. It's tax season, plus my special project at work has really picked up and I ended up working most of the weekend.  While that helped with the work to do list, the stitching to do list suffered. 

Weekly To Do List for 4/5/2022

  • Unity: Find backing fabric, press, cut panels - progress
  • Macaron Mystery: Start assembling blocks into rows ✔
  • Rhododendron Mystery: Work on clue 5, hourglass blocks as leaders and enders ✔

Two out of three isn't a horrible week considering how busy it was and how little stitching time I had over the weekend.  Thankfully, the I have some wiggle room with the due date for my part of the special project I picked up, so fingers crossed I won't have to work the holiday as we have family plans.  But that means I won't have a lot of stitching time either way.  So we'll keep this week's list pretty short and simple.  

Weekly To Do List for 4/12/2022

Potions: Make binding, attach to front of quilt


Potions: Patten by Flying Parrots Quilts


Potions showed up last Friday.  It's hard to see all the quilting detail in this shot, but Trudy did a wonderful job with it.  I'm going to focus on getting the binding ready and stitched on so I can use this as handwork over the weekend when we are hanging out with family.  

Macaron Mystery: Continue row assembly

Macaron Mystery: Meadow Mist Designs 2021 Mystery Quilt Along


For some reason the blocks wouldn't stay up on the design wall, so I took most of them down.  The two corners are assembled and the first rows of sashing are finished.  I doubt much gets done, but I'm hoping to at least get the sashing sewn to the next row of blocks.  

Rhododendron Mystery: Work on clue 5, hourglass blocks as leaders and enders

Rhododendron Mystery: Bonnie Hunter 2021 Quilt Along


One block A and one block B have been added to the design wall this week.  I've got half of the A blocks done, and not quilt half of the B blocks finished.  Progress is the goal and that's happening, though a bit on the slow side.  

I did find a backing fabric for Unity in the stash, but that's all I managed. It still needs to be pressed and cut. I'm not adding it to this week's list as it likely wouldn't get done with all the other commitments this week.  

That's my list for this week.  Linking up with Linda of Texas Quilt Gal for To Do Tuesday.  Good luck with your to do list.  


8 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It'll be nice to have the Potions binding ready for some slow stitching later in the week when you have time for it. Good luck on the other things on your list during this busy time!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

I could zoom and see the detail on Potions--love it! Esp the bubbles.
Good enough progress for the week. Yes, it is a busy time!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I hope that the special project at work doesn't need you to work over the holiday and that you enjoy getting to look at all the lovely quilting details on Potions while you attach the binding.

Sara said...

Good job! It's hard to get any stitching done during a super busy work week. I've decided if I do go back to make the Rhodo Trail, I'll only make the A blocks. Just can't decide I like the B blocks. But I keep telling myself that some of the other on-going projects need to be finished first. LOL

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Kate! Oooh, I am so excited to see that Portions is to the binding stage. Yippee! That has to make you happy. This weekend being Easter and the last push for taxes means it will be a busy one for me, too. I had to chuckle at your Macaron pieces that wouldn't stick to the design wall. I thought you were covering up the design so we could only get a hint! Enjoy the weekend with your family and Happy Easter. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Ivani said...

Lovely quilting on Possions.
Hope you have some time for stitching the binding and enjoy the weekend.

Linda said...

The quilting on Potions is beautiful, I bet you're glad to be finalizing it. The Rhododendron Mystery blocks are looking great!
Thank you for sharing your post with To Do Tuesday!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck with getting the binding done on Potions, Kate! Looking forward to the reveal post.