Friday, April 1, 2022

PHD in 2022: March Progress

The first quarter of 2022 is done.  That was fast, or at least it seemed that way.  I'm definitely ready for spring.  Mother Nature ended March with a pre-April Fool's Day prank. We had snow flurries yesterday!  I had to drag my winter coat out of the closet.  It really felt more like January than it did the day before April 1st.

Now that March is over, it's time to assess how much progress I've made towards my PHD in 2022. 


There's been no new finishes this month, so my PHD report looks the same as February. 



On the other side of the equation, no new starts either.  I've been doing a good job at focusing on just a few projects and moving them towards completion.  My goal for the year is progress and I've done well in March on that front.  

Unity (Bonnie Hunter 2020 Quilt Along) has been the leaders and enders project for over a year. It's finally graduated to be my focus project during the second half of March.



The green will be the final border for the project. One strip is attached, the second is pinned and ready to be stitched on.  If work doesn't get too crazy this month, I'm hoping to have it out for quilting by the end of the month.  So it's on track to be my third finish for the year.  

The Macaron Mystery (Meadow Mist designs 2021 mystery quilt along) has also seen good progress this month. 


Just one more block to stitch together, then I can start working on the setting triangles and sashing.  There should be good progress on this project in April, but I doubt it gets to the finished quilt top stage.  

The Rhododendron Mystery (Bonnie Hunter 2021 mystery quilt along) has been moving slowly, it's my new leaders and enders project. 



Those hour glass blocks do take a bit of effort to get enough to finish a block.  I did add one block B and have the components of a block A that just need to be stitched together to show as progress for March.  My goal is to get the quilt top finished before this year's mystery starts up.  That should be doable.  

Potions (Flying Parrot Quilts) went out for quilting at mid month.  



This project should be on it's way back sometime next week.  The plan is to get it labeled and bound by the end of the month.  That should be doable. 

If work doesn't get too crazy, I'm on track for a total of four finishes by mid-year.  But I'm moving into a completely new position sometime in May/June, so all bets are off on what things are going to look like after that. 

Linking up with Quilting Gail for the March PHD Report.   

6 comments:

Rose said...

Progress... that's what's important. Your mystery quilts are moving right along and they look great.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your moving the quilts along and that is what counts - it takes time when you work outside of the home too.

Sara said...

Macaron is going to be gorgeous. But of course I love red/white/black together. You're doing so well on NOT starting new projects. A part of me is envious of that, but I know I don't work that way. My sewing room would be much less of a mess however if I could focus on fewer projects. LOL

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

All great progress so far. I hope that the new position offers you more time for quilting than you anticipate, and I hope the transition goes as smoothly as possible.

Susie H said...

Congratulations on your new position! It will be a topsy-turvy time for you but you have your quilting to keep your sanity, right? Love the projects you're working on. Keep up the good work!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Looks tome like you have made amazing progress!!!
Congrats on the new position - we could send a Doctors note that with this new job it requires a minimum of 3 hours of stitching per week.... would that help? ;-)