Saturday, April 2, 2022

Photo Challenge Week 39: A Pet?

Do you ever reach Saturday morning and just feel bliss as you sit down for that first cup of coffee knowing you don't have to rush it, then finish breakfast, shower, dress and head out the door?  I was so ready for Saturday.  

While I'm drinking that first cup of coffee this morning, I was looking over this week's challenge photos.  We actually had photos last night, usually I'm waiting on someone to get their photo to me sometime on Saturday.  This week's prompt was a bit of a challenge, so I expected not to be posting till this evening. 




The legal definition of "a pet" that states it's "domesticated animal that is kept for pleasure, rather than for commercial purposes".  I'm very allergic to animal dander, so we've never had pets based on the legal description. But if you reference the Merriam-Webster dictionary, there are several other definitions. Pet can also be used as an adjective; to imply something is kept or treated as a pet, express fondness or endearment (pet name), or imply something is a favorite (pet project).  I'll let you decide if this week's photos falls under one of those definitions. 
 

Kate: My Pet Activity


I can't say my sewing machine gets pats and pets, but it certainly is one of my favorite things to spend time with.

My Guy and the Scientist in Training went in very similar directions. 

My Guy: SCOoBY (Symbiotic Colony of Bacteria and Yeast)


My Guy has fed, watered and nursed this sourdough starter since early 2020. He was still able to make bread when you couldn't get yeast during the pandemic (He actually was OK on the yeast front too, he bought in bulk before that baking staple became scarce).  


Scientist in Training: My Pet Hermit


The SIT's pet sourdough is a lot younger than My Guy's. The care and feeding of Hermit didn't start till after Christmas this year.  The SIT and My Guy don't see any of the photos till I post on Saturday, so they have no idea what each of them did. In this case the SIT sent me her photo last Monday, My Guy didn't take his shot till last night. 

The challenge for this week should be fun. 




Hmm, wonder what what stories we'll have to tell from this week.  

3 comments:

Sara said...

So fun! I had a starter going for a couple of years - a couple of decades ago, when we lived on a farm and we had babies and toddlers. I did more baking in those days and the bread starter was fun. Then the kiddos got older and busier and I quit baking unless I had to. LOL

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I have to agree that a pet could be someone (or something) you spend time and money on - so both your sewing machine and the sourdough starters fit that description! Fun
photos!

Jennifer said...

Haha, love all your interpretations of pet!