Sunday, December 1, 2019

Week 48: Stitching Stuff

We've eaten and shopped pretty much the whole weekend.  Family is gone, so it's back to just us.  It was a very nice Thanksgiving, but now I'm just tired.  The SIT goes back to college this afternoon, but she'll be home for winter break in just two weeks.  Stitching happened this week, mainly just the hand type, but that still counts. 




15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
15 minute days/November = 29/30 days
15 minute days/2019 = 302/334 days
Success rate = 90.42%

It was a good week. Hopefully you found a bit of quiet time this week to stitch a bit each day.  You can link up at the bottom of the post to share your success and/or regrets for this week.

On the stash front, November was better than October. 

Fabric out for November = 3.11 yards
Fabric out for 2019 = 41.03 yards  

I was hoping for 60 yards out.  Not likely I'll make that goal this year.  But as I start assembling some of the blocks for the mystery quilts, there should be a bit more out in December.  Linking up with QuiltPaintCreate for the weekly stash report. 

Before I close out with the linkly, here's a few shots of the pretty Christmas lights we braved the cold and rain to check out last night. 




So how did your stitchy week work out?  



1. karen
2. Chrisknits
3. Julie in GA
4. Meloney
5. Quilting Gail
6. Mary-Kay
7. Amanda
8. Christina's Handicrafts

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

7 comments:

Donna said...

Your total usage for the year looks good to me. Enjoy your last day of the holiday weekend!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have never even thought of trying to keep track of what goes in and out of the quilting room - it would take forever to measure all that I have or try to estimate - I don't know how you guys that do this can figure out a way to start! I know I have added some over the year but a bit has been made too

Meloney said...

it's amazing to have my college student home for Thanksgiving, and she leaves this afternoon. She will be done with finals on the 12th but might wait to come home a bit to get things settled in her apartment.
I'm hoping to get some longarm quilting done this week and then I can focus on some of my other projects.

seabreezequilts said...

It seems that once December 1 hits everywhere you look is Christmas, though there has been lots of things during November, I haven't really been taking notice. The number of people at the shops have increased and everyone is rushing around. I plan to take it easy this year and just go with the flow.

Emily said...

Wow that's a huge tree with beautiful lights!! Less sewing time than I hoped during Thanksgiving weekend, but lots of time with my little guy so that's a good trade off.

Denise :) said...

Wow, great job on getting that stitching time in -- pretty amazing! I love the cheer of the Christmas lights ... I wish everyone would keep them up through February! LOL! :)

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a good week - hope you are enjoying the quiet this week!