There wasn't a lot of sewing room time even though I was off work. There was lots of prep work that went along with all the family time. But I did get in some time with the embroidery project.
The wording around the right corner of the project is now done. I'll start working on the diagonal moving to the left. The next bit in the hoop will be the leaves there in the corner.
I wasn't able to get back into the sewing room till after dinner on Saturday. Making a start on the first clue from Bonnie Hunter's Frolic was the goal. I wasn't completely happy with my "raspberry" fabric. After taking another look through the stash, I found a substitute, but it needed to be washed, dried and pressed first. That out of the way, I was able to get in a few 4-patches Sunday afternoon.
Bonnie Hunter 2019 Mystery Quilt
I should have some time to catch up next weekend. I decided to half the number of blocks to start. I'm hoping that means it will be easier to keep up with the clues this year.
Lastly, there was some progress on clue 3 for the Winter Quilt Along.
| Quiltgirl Winter Quilt Along|
Not all the blocks in each row are sewn together, but at least I got a good start on assembly. Clue 2 hasn't been finished yet, but I reached the halfway point with that clue.
Not bad for a week away from the sewing machine. Linking up with the Monday Design Wall.