Tuesday, November 19, 2019

To Do Tuesday: Seems to Be Working

It's been 4 weeks since my first link up with "To Do Tuesday".  I've yet to check everything off my list, but there has been good progress on the projects that are on each week's list.  So the making a list approach has been working, so I'll stick with it for now.  We'll see how well it works once the holiday rush gets going.  

Last week was pretty good, two check marks and good progress on the other project isn't shabby at all.  


Weekly to Do List for 11/12/19

1. Twinkle Stars - Finish and attach pieced borders - progress
2. 2019 Christmas Mystery - Finish Clue 5
3. Winter Quilt Along - Pick out fabrics and finish Clue 1

There will be Thanksgiving prep going on towards the end of this next week, I need to remember that when deciding what's doable for this week's list.  

Weekly to Do List for 11/19/2019

1.  Twinkle Stars - Add bottom pieced border and the final white border (finished flimsy)


Twinkle Stars
Tutorial by Andrea Feldbush of Soscrappy

I had to take the left border off and resew all the seams slightly smaller to make it bigger in places.  It really was too short for the side and there were a couple of pleats in the top.  But that's fixed and all the other borders are sewn together.  I just didn't have time to sew on the bottom border last week. There's just one white border left to add. Then I'll have a finished flimsy just in time for the One Monthly Goal link up.   


2.  2019 Christmas Mystery.  Make Clue 6 blocks, sash and add borders. 

2019 Christmas Mystery
designed by Carrie Randall (Quilter's Hideaway)




The fabrics for the last two blocks are selected and the fabric for the bow is already cut. It's ready to assemble.  I'm  sure I can get the blocks done. Maybe I can get them sashed. but I doubt both borders get added.  We're supposed to bring the completed flimsy to class on Saturday.  We'll see how that works out.  


3. Winter Quilt Along - Finish Clue 2


Quiltygirl Winter Quilt Along
Alycia Quilts

Clue 1 wasn't bad. Alycia promised that each clue would only take an hour.  Cutting all the fabric was the time consuming part of that step. The HSTs stitched up pretty fast as leader and enders while I was working on theTwinkle Stars borders. This is definitely my kind of mystery.   


4.  Mosiac Mystery - Get started on clue 3 blocks

 I don't expect to finish the clue this week.  Hopefully if I start on it this week, I'll be able to finish off the clue next week since there won't be any more clues for the Christmas Mystery quilt. That will keep me on track with this mystery.   

That's my list for this week.  Linking up with Home Sewn by Us for To-Do Tuesday #15.  Good luck with your to-do's for the week.  

8 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Good Morning Kate! I just LOVE those fabrics for the Winter QAL. I adore red and white together, and that red has such a nice jewel tone to it - so crisp with the white. Your Twinkle Stars is really coming along so nicely. You'll easily have the whole quilt top together for an OMG finish post. I sure do love the fabrics you chose for this project as well. The transition from color to color is a nice gradient. Yes, we all have to mindful of keeping our lists shorter this week and especially next with all the Thanksgiving festivities. I'm looking forward to them! Thanks for linking up again this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

Denise said...

Good luck on your list. Looks like it will be a busy month.

Barbara said...

Whatever works! Twinkle Stars is looking so pretty. I’m looking forward to seeing it all finished. The colors are beautiful.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That bow block looks like it will be fun to make! It's always helpful when one project gets to a certain finished point and you let something else take its place. Have a great week, Kate!

Preeti said...

Love the twinkling stars!!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a great list and YAY so glad you are joining in!!! the QAL is fun!!!

Sharon - IN said...

Yay for checking off the list. I find lists keep me motivated. Love your Twinkle Stars!

Jennifer said...

Glad the lists are working for you - looks like you’re making great progress!