Tuesday, November 12, 2019

To Do Tuesday - Not a Total Loss

Work is in overdrive, so there have been a few long days the last couple of weeks.  Add in a trip to see the Scientist in Training over the weekend and the end result was not a lot of sewing room time. Consequently,  the To Do list from last week is a bit sad. 

Weekly To Do List for the Week of 11/5/2019

1. Twinkle Stars - Piece left side border - progress
2. Finish Clue 4 of the 2019 Christmas Mystery  
3. Storm at Sea - Cut border strips and assemble - no progress

One check mark out of three isn't so bad. And there was progress on the Twinkle Stars border.  This week is proving to be even more nuts than last, but at least we'll be home over the weekend.  So here's the list for this week. 

Weekly To Do List for Week of 11/12/19

1. Twinkle Stars pieced border - Finish the pieced borders and get them attached. 

Twinkle Stars
Tutorial by Andrea Feldbush of Soscrappy

This may not be doable, so we'll call this the stretch goal for the week. 

2.  Finish Clue 5 of the 2019 Christmas Mystery

2019 Christmas Mystery
designed by Carrie Randall (Quilter's Hideaway)

Clues one through four are all finished.  Just one block this week, so that should be doable. 

3.  Pick out fabrics for Alycia Quilts - Quiltygirl Winter Quilt a Long and finish clue one which should be released tomorrow. She promises that it will take only one hour a week and can be done as a leader and ender project.  Not that I need another project, but Alycia's quilt a longs have produced some really cool quilts and I never play along.  I definitely have the stash for it, so might as well get the fabric out of the closet and into another UFO. At least it will have a purpose.  

That's my list for this next week.  Linking up with Home Sewn By Us To Do Tuesday Linky #14. Fingers crossed there are more check list on my to do list this week. Good luck with your weekly to do list. 

7 comments:

Mary said...

I love how that Christmas Mystery quilt is coming along. It is wonderful! Have a great day, Mary.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I just love twinkle stars!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Kate! Gosh, your Christmas mystery quilt is SO darn cute. I just love that red/white fabric you're using between the tree and gingerbread men. This will a fun quilt when it's complete. Thanks for all the links - you know I HAVE to check them out . . . not that I need any more projects myself. Thanks for linking up again! I think you did great getting one checkmark in spite of work taking all your time and energy. ~smile~ Roseanne

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Christmas mystery is looking so cute! I love the striped blocks that look like a peppermint stick. That looks like a fun mystery to participate in!

chrisknits said...

The stars are just so pretty, this will be a beautiful top when done.

Mary Hertel said...

Very sweet Christmas quilt!

Emily said...

Thanks for the link the QAL! I don't think I can add another project this year, but I might bookmark the pages and go back to it 2020--I like the one hour a week threshold!