Tuesday, November 26, 2019

To Do Tuesday - Thanksgiving Edition

There wasn't much stitching time last week, but I made up for that on Sunday.  Pretty much nothing but stitching all day.  Which is good cause much of Monday was spent recovering from a stomach bug.  After a day of crackers and toast, I'm feeling just about normal this morning.  So how did the To Do list fare with all of that interferance?   


Weekly To Do List for 11/19/2019
1. Twinkle Stars - add pieced border, final white border
2. 2019 Christmas Mystery - make clue 6 blocks, sash, add borders - progress
3. Winter Quilt Along - finish clue 2 - progress
4. Mosaic Mystery - make a start on clue 3 blocks

I was able to check off two of the four.  Even though the other two don't have check marks, there was good progress on both. So another successful week. Writing out a To Do list forces me to think about how much time I'll have that week and decide which projects I want to focus that time on.  

So what's on the list of this week?  With Thanksgiving in the mix, we'll be hanging out with family a lot so hand work will have to feature on this week's list. 

Weekly To Do List for 11/26/2019

1. Medallion butterfly embroidered panel - Stitch the butterfly names in the upper left corner of the panel. 



This is the last photo I can find of this hand work project.  It's my go to project when we are doing a lot of hanging out with the family.  

2.  Frolic - The 2019 Bonnie Hunter Mystery. Get started on clue one.  I'm going to make half the blocks as a first pass, then decide after the reveal if I want to make the full sized quilt.  



I'm going with black as my neutral. The blue bonnet print will either be a border or the backing. Depends on how big I decide to go. 

3.  Mosaic Mystery Quilt - Finish November's clue.


 Mosaic Mystery Quilt
from Cheryl at Meadow Mist Designs

I need 16 of these blocks, but only have about 5 finished.  Hopefully I can finish 11 more before Sunday.  

4. Winter Quilt Along - Finish clue 2 and clue 3 (assuming Alycia posts a clue this Wednesday).  


 Quiltgirl Winter Quilt Along
Alycia Quilts

I made good progress on this clue last week, but didn't quite finish making all those HSTs.  

That's a pretty ambitious list considering we have a holiday this week and we'll have lots of family to hang out with.  I expect to make progress on every item, but I doubt I get to check any off next Tuesday. 

So that's my list for this holiday week.  Have a very happy Thanksgiving if you live in the US, have a great week if you don't.  You can see all the other To Do lists posted over at Home Sewn By Us.  

8 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Good Morning Kate! Oooh, I just love those fabrics in the Winter WAL. I'm such a fan of blue and white together - they just complement each other so nicely. Crisp! Handwork for the holiday sounds like the perfect solution to me - something to do while enjoying your peeps is fun. I plan to have a nice short list although I still have my November OMG to start and finish. Thank you for linking up today! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. ~smile~ Roseanne

Alison V. said...

Your November blocks for the Mosaic MQ are beautiful and I love your fabric pull for Frolic. I like that you've gone more red than raspberry. The size Bonnie noted as the finished size is kind of odd but I might try to make mine a twin-ished rectangular quilt rather than a square one once I see the design. I do think I am going to try to do all of the units this year rather than half sized.

Barbara said...

Your fabrics for “Frolic” are sooooo prettty. That’s going to turn into a gorgeous quilt! Love your stitchery too.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

happy thanksgiving - I'm going to wait this time to see what Bonnie's mystery looks like before I decide to do it. - I will save the patterns as they come out though - you selected pretty fabrics

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Progress is always good! I love your butterfly embroidery - great project to pull out when you have company but still want to stitch! Happy Thanksgiving, Kate!

chrisknits said...

Glad you got serious sewing time, sorry about the bug! But Twinkle Stars is looking good and I can't wait to see the border additions.

For the love of geese said...

Your butterflies are beautiful.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Your butterflies are pretty! Love the fabrics for Frolic! Guess the next clue starts after Thanksgiving. Love the Mosaic and Winter QAL blocks - my colors!