Thankfully whatever was bothering me on Saturday, left me alone on Sunday. So it was a pretty productive day. Laundry got done. Well not done, done. I ran out of laundry detergent before I ran out of dirty clothes. But I got enough washed so we all have clothes for next week. And after a little housework, I was able to head up to the sewing room without feeling too guilty about the state of the house.
The Meadow Mist Mystery quilt was finished off last week. So it was time to re-prioritize my project list. I'm working on five projects at the moment. It's easier for me to decide what to do with my sewing time each day if I'm working from a prioritized list. This is the order I finally decided on:
1. Blooms and Butterflies
2. Scrappy Coffee Cups
3. Christmas Angels
4. RSC blocks
5. En Provence
The first order of business was to trim Blooms and Butterflies for binding.
That's done. I realized a bit belatedly that the quilt needed a label. Since the label is sewn in with the binding, that needs to be made before attaching the binding. After a bit of playing around, this is what I finally settled on.
So the label was printed, soaked, rinsed and was left to dry over night. Then the binding strips were cut and are in the process of being sewn together.
I'm using up every last piece of this blue and white print. Since I'm piecing it from left overs, I had to be careful what pieces went where to avoid having seams at the corners, that's why the numbered yellow stickies. Hopefully I've measured each length correctly and have them in the right place to avoid having corner seams. Assuming I have sewing time each night, this quilt should be finished in the next week or so.
Linking up this week with:
Main Crush Monday
Monday Design Wall