It's a good thing Saturday was such an excellent day in terms of sewing room time, Sunday was almost a complete wash out. I had a bad case of insomnia Saturday night, which got me off to a late start on Sunday. Add in making the frosting for the cake that was going to the church picnic and my Sunday morning really got away from me. Sunday afternoon was spent napping. But I got in a bit of stitching Sunday evening. Though what got done isn't up on the design wall. The binding strips for Grand Illusion are all stitched together, pressed and wound onto a tube to keep it from tangling.
Now it's all ready to stitch on. Hopefully I will get to that this week.
In the background is my new cutting mat. Last week, I realized that I couldn't really see the lines on my old mat anymore. Plus it had developed lots of texture. So it was definitely time to replace it. It's so much easier to cut accurately when you don't have preexisting lines in the cutting mat. The old mat is probably 3 or 4 years old. Nothing lasts forever, especially things that see as much use as this one did.
Nothing very exciting this week, though the new mat has made it easier to trim all the HSTs for the Back to Square One quilt. And having the binding made means Grand Illusion is one step closer to completion.
Check out all the other project progress over at Patchwork Times, Making Monday, and Main Crush Monday.