Monday, September 18, 2017

Weekend Stitching: Not Much To Show

It was a busy weekend, with not as much stitching as normal.  Saturday was just busy with a bit of work stuff that had to get done.  Sunday, My Guy and I made the trek east to see our Scientist in Training.  She's doing great with the college transition, but didn't think she'd get home for a few weeks due to her test and work schedule.  We had a fun Sunday, even met up with an unexpected play mate from the SITs youth. 


Finding Optimus Prime on one edge of town was a bit of a surprise, but the girls had fun with it.  SIT's two roommates went out to lunch and then on a tour of the town with us as none of them had been off campus much during the month since school started.  

So it was a nice, but busy weekend.  There was some sewing time, but there's not much to show as most of the progress has been on the SIT's new dorm room quilt (which is under wraps till Christmas). Other than that,  I've made a start on the HSTs for this year's Meadow Mist Design mystery


There's 20 of the seventy something HSTs needed for this project.  So far, I'm really liking my fabric choices.  So lots of stitching and trimming without much to show at this point. 

Linking up with:
Monday Making
Main Crush Monday
Design Wall Monday

13 comments:

Alison V. said...

Your HSTs look awesome! I was very proud of myself for getting mine done so early in the month but it makes the wait until the following month that much harder!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh how fun!!! Glad your close enough to make the trek~!

Miaismine said...

I really like your HST's! Such pretty fabric! Sounds like you had a fun time! Making beautiful memories are even more important to me then sewing! Thank you for sharing!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Now there is a handsome--but rather large 'dude'!! neat outfit he was wearing too!! Bet it was great being with the 'sit' for a day--and a fun adventure for everyone--
love the colors of your hst's--
enjoy the moments, di

Cheryl said...

Great looking HSTs!

Barbara said...

Optimus Prime was Erik's favorite transformer. What a fun shot.

Julie said...

I remember the year, 22 years ago (cough), that Optimus Prime was the only thing ds wanted for Christmas. Transformers were big in this house, and even at his age now this might get a big smile from him. Glad your crew got to see it in person.

Looking at all your projects in these last posts makes me feel I'm in like company. So many things in progress. Feels like we spin our wheels sometimes, and then all of a sudden we're there. Keep at it, Kate!

Jennifer said...

Glad you had a chance to visit your daughter :)

Jasmine said...

I'm so impressed how you can use small amounts of time effectively. I have a hard time starting if I know I can only sew for a little bit.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Me too!!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

DItto!

Lynette said...

Oooo - your Meadow Mist mystery fabrics are so pretty

Sandra Walker said...

These are sure pretty!