Thursday, February 24, 2011

Favorite Things Friday - February 25th

Not quite Friday yet, but close in my little corner of the world.  Close enough to join Shay over at Quilting in My Pyjama's for Favorite Things Friday

It's been cold the last couple of days.  Not the bone chilling -28 F we had a couple of weeks ago, but the deep seated chill of a windy, rainy day.  The kind of weather that makes you want to keep a cup of something warm by the computer so you can heat up the insides.   I can only tolerate so much coffee before my system revolts.  So after the jolt into the waking world that first cup of coffee in the morning provides, I switch to tea.  Tea is soothing.  It can work wonders for an upset stomach and frazzled nerves(which have absolutely nothing to do with the deadlines coming up in the next few weeks). 

I love all kinds of teas.  




The kind you can find on the grocery shelves.




And the special blends you can buy only in a tea shop.

For my birthday last year, My guy and kiddo gave me the most perfect tea pot and cups. 



I love the dragon flies.  


That's it for my favorite thing this week.  I'm going to fix a cup of tea and mosey over to Shay's blog to check out more favorites.  You should too. 

11 comments:

Sara said...

You have much fancier supermarket tea than we do. We have Twinnings but the others look way fancier than what we get.

The containers in the second photo are really pretty. Does the tea come in a new one every time or do you take them back and they refill them?

Paulette said...

That teapot is beautiful! I'm a big tea drinker too. Lately, though, I've been having a tiny bit of DH's coffee in the morning, but that usually only lasts a couple days and then I lose my taste for it altogether for a while. That happened this morning, ha. So it's back to all tea again for me.

thea said...

Great favorite! I've been drinking tea lately myself .. actually really weak tea. Raspberry Zinger is my fav right now.

Unknown said...

It's quite the thing here in Canada too as I am discovering...this tea drinking pheonominom. I drink my tea black. In the summer I make sun tea at the cottage which is always a huge hit! I just put tea bags in a large jar, put it out on the railing of the deck and when it's the right colour cool it and add ice cubes. Fabulous! WE tend to drink Red Rose Tea, only in Canada.

Janice said...

I love lemon zinger. It is just the right thing for a late afternoon when you are already too wired to add more caffine to my system.

I love the tea pot and cups. Beautiful!

Kirsten said...

Great FTF.My husband loves tea and we have about twenty different kinds at home...

Shay said...

I love your tea pot Kate! I drink tea after lunch because if I stayed with the coffee I'd never sleep.

Love those tea cannisters.Gorgeous. Im a black tea kind of girl myself but love Orange Pekoe from time to time. We have a speciality tea shop here in the city - I must pop in next time I'm there!

Thanks for linking up to FTF this week.

Angie in SoCal said...

I love tea - albeit I have to drink very weak tea as I'm allergic to caffeine and get kidney stones, but once in a while I treat myself to an Earl Gray or English Breakfast and indulge myself with a cup and scone.
Mmm - so soothing.

Marg said...

I absolutely love your teapot, it's gorgeous.
My favourite tea is lemongrass and ginger, very refreshing. For normal tea I can't pass up a Twinings English Breakfast.

Kirsten's Cooking said...

tea is so soothing, isn't it?

I actually drink a mug of green tea with mint before I drink a cup of coffee!

love your teapot - what a great gift!

Happy FTF!

Alisa said...

Hot tea is so relaxing. Your teapot is gorgeous. What a great favorite thing!