To Do List for 8/4/2026
1. Glowing Hearts: Finish sandwiching, start quilting - progress
2. 2026 Guild BOM: Make September's block ✔
3. Good Fortune: Continue assembling quilt ✔
4. Celtic Solstice: Work on chain blocks - no progress
5. Wild and Goosey: Continue working on teal blocks ✔
Good progress on everything but Celtic Solstice, which is still a good week. I'll get to that project eventually, probably once Good Fortune is a finished quilt top. But that probably won't be for a few weeks, so it will drop off this week's list.
To Do List for 8/11/2026
1. Glowing Hearts (Sandra Walker): Start Quilting
The quilt is sandwiched. I'm still mulling over quilting designs. Diann, who blogs at Little Penguin Quilts, has been quilting her scrappy hearts with a cross hatch and I really like how that looks on those blocks. So that may be my inspiration for how to quilt these hearts.
2. 2026 Guild BOM: Finish October's block
I've already made good progress on this to do. All that's left is to sew the component parts together. I should be able to finish that tonight at late night sew.
3. Good Fortune (Bonnie Hunter): Work on borders
I've made good progress on the split HST blocks, and should finish those off this week. I decided to use square in a square blocks for the corners of that pieced border. Those are under construction too. It won't make finished quilt top this week, but maybe next week?
4. Marigold Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): Work on August blocks
Normally the August instructions for the Meadow Mist Designs mystery are just cutting instructions. Cheryl changed it up this year so that we'll cut as we go. That meant I needed to finalize my fabric choices. The black paint spatter is the background, the white dots is fabric A, which is the block background, the bright blue is the accent color and the dotted fabrics are the "scraps" for the blocks. I plan to mainly use the fat quarters, but have the scraps if I need a good accent for a block. The pin dot fabrics are left overs from another project.
5. Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Continue to work on teal blocks
I need to check how many more teal blocks are needed to finish out that color. It will probably take most of the month to finish out the teal blocks.
That's my list for this week. It's pretty doable. Linking up with the Quilt Schmilt for To Do Tuesday.



No comments:
Post a Comment