Its still hot and dry here. At least there were no triple digit temps this week. It's amazing how much cooler 10 degrees lower feels even when the temps are still in the mid to high 90s. I suppose it's a conditioning thing. Even with the slightly lower temps, my sewing room is still my preferred hang out spot. Which means it's not been hard to work in all my stitching time.
- 15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
- 15 minute days/Aug = 29/29 days
- 15 minute days/2026 = 237/241 days
- Success rate = 98.34%
So far August has been a good month on the stitching front. Hard to believe it's almost September. Hopefully that month brings some cooler temps and a reason to be tempted to get out of the house and not sew for a day or two.
With all the time in the house due to the heat, we started another decluttering project. I need to get back to cleaning out the attic, but that would be life threating in this heat. So we started in on the cabinets in the laundry room. They haven't been cleaned out since we moved in 20 years ago. The two upper cabinents have been emptied, sorted and now we have one completely empty cabinet. I started on the "junk" drawers later in the week.
We apparently have quite the collection of lanyards and extension cords. I found 7 cords in the drawer, two of them were still in their packaging. Thankfully, My Girl is in need of a couple of extension cords. So those will find a new home. Haven't decided what to do with the lanyard collection just yet.
Have you spent all your in door time stitching or have a few not fun chores snuck in there too?


4 comments:
Has your Girl mentioned anything about Houston temps/weather? Our son lives north of Houston, and they have had decent temps (not 100s+) and rain. And they might get some tropical weather this coming week. So maybe we should move back down south to escape this incessant heat! :)
Hubs got out in the yard and mowed and weed-eated yesterday! It was a good day for him physically and mentally. He is hurting a bit today, but we hope he has turned the corner.
It's amazing how much stuff can hide in those kinds of places! I try to do some kind of decluttering on a regular basis, but there's always more to do. Glad you're getting stuff done. Definitely wait on that attic for awhile!
My hubby is the one who really cleans/clears out old stuff. Except for my stuff. I've been trying to do some clearing out of useless stuff but haven't made much of a dent. And then there is the studio! Not easy to go through that but I've made an in-road or two but nothing anyone but me can see! Hope the weather cools down some more for you. I wish I could give you a creative way to use those lanyards or at least the fabric part. But nothing comes to mind. Keep up with the clearing/cleaning out. I've got a long way to go still. Have a good week.
The heat has driven me inside as well, Kate. Most of the week, I have spent my time stitching and quilting with tackling a few chores in the late evening. Sadly, my garden chores have gone to the wayside . Oh, well at least I am getting some quilting time in. I wish you a lovely week, Kate. And I wish you the best on tackling those chores. Hugs.
Post a Comment