Monday, August 24, 2026

Something Old, Something New

We spent half the weekend in Tulsa. Saturday was a charity event for the Sutton Avian Research Center. That's the organization that runs the Bald Eagle survey teams in our area.  My Guy has been part of that team for at least 5 years.  We stayed in Tulsa for the night and spent Sunday morning hanging out at a coffee shop and then getting lunch before we headed home. Something different than our normal weekend.   

I did get some good sewing time in before we left and then after we got back.  The pieced borders for Good Fortune (Bonnie Hunter) were finished and attached just before dinner was ready last night.  




The plan is to add one more narrow black border to frame the quilt. I'll call it good at that point. Good Fortune should reach finished quilt top stage sometime this week.  

So if Good Fortune is the old, what's the new?  The August blocks for the Meadow Mist Designs 2026 Marigold Mystery also got finished just before dinner on Sunday. 



 
I'm pretty happy with how they came together. Now I have to wait for the next clue to come out to see what's next.  

With the Marigold blocks done and Good Fortune just about a finished quilt, it's time to pull out another UFO to push to finished (or at least to finished quilt top).  Linking up with Patchwork & Quilts and Sew & Tell Monday.  

4 comments:

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal said...

A weekend in Tulsa sounds fun to me - we still have plans for that at some point. When we have visited in the past, we are always astounded at the changes to south Tulsa and Bixby.
I look forward to seeing the narrow black border to finish Good Fortune. The Marigold blocks look pretty.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That sounds like an enjoyable, quick getaway! The pieced border on Good Fortune looks great, and puts you closer to a finished top. I love the blocks for the new mystery quilt, too. Your colors and fabrics are really fun! It's always kind of energizing to start something new!

Sara said...

Good Fortune - Wow! Love that pieced border. The Marigold mystery blocks are lovely with that speckled background. Great job!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oh, the pieced border for Good Fortune looks great and it's exciting you are so close to a pieced quilt top there. I also really love the started of your Marigold Mystery quilt. Fun blocks!!