Sunday, December 10, 2023

Stitching Stuff: Week 48 of 2023


Just 3 more weeks left in 2023!  That's really hard to take in.  Have you started crafting your goals for 2024?  I've given mine some thought here and there.  I've made a start on my quilt plan for next year, but that's about it in terms of written commitments.  The 15 minutes to Stitch/Stitching Stuff linky party will continue next year.  Some days I still need encouragement to get into the sewing room.  Though scrap and fabric management will be a bigger part of my Sunday linky party post in 2024. Fingers crossed I can keep that up next year.  

It was a good week on the stitching front. 

  • 15 minute days/week = 7/7 days 
  • 15 minute days/Dec = 9/9 days
  • 15 minute days/2023 = 291/343 days
  • Success rate = 84.84%
The week of Christmas will probably be the hardest to keep up with my stitching plans.  But even if that week is a complete bust, I've done well on moving a number of projects along.  

My focus on scrap processing and yardage organization continued for another week.  I can tell there's been some progress on cleaning out scrap bag #1. 



You can definitely see more of the white insides of the bag after another round of scrap processing this last week.  Still a long ways to go, but it's nice to actually see there's been progress.  

There was also good progress the fabric pressing this week. 



Four - 4 yard cuts, one yard cut and a half yard cut are all now pressed and neatly folded in the fabric closet.  I'm getting to the bottom of the bin.  Looks like I'll be pressing a lot of red fabrics this next week.  There are more fabrics under those.  Maybe another 2 weeks before this is completely empty?  

How are you doing with your stitching time?  



1. Gretchen
2. maggie f
3. Julie in GA
4. Karen
5. DonnaleeQ
6. katie z.
7. Laurie at Laurie's Place
8. Shasta @ High Road Quilter
9. Frédérique
10. Andrée
11. Bonnie in Va
12. Melisa- Pinker n' Punkin Quilting
13. Jocelyn @CNN
14. Deb in Canada
15. Quilting Gail

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

7 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Your numbers for stitching time look great! That's one of the advantages of retirement. I'm so impressed by the progress you are making with your scraps and pressing fabric.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You're doing such a great job with your scrap organization, Kate - I'm so impressed! Once you press those bigger yardage, how do you store them? Mine end up getting creases all over again!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your numbers look great this month, and it is easy to see that you have made a lot of progress cutting and pressing. I have been posting my 15 minutes on YouTube as a challenge, making progress on each of my WIPS and lots of people are inspired and making progress too. You have started a big chain!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

You did great! And I'm so happy that your link party will continue next year ;) It's a great source of motivation.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kate, it's wonderful that you're still at your sorting and ironing your fabric. It'll be a great way to start the new year. I can't believe that there are only 3 weeks left in 2023. Good luck with your projects :-)

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy Monday, Kate. I have started to make some stitching and quilting plans for next year, but nothing is written in stone yet. Woo Hoo on making some progress with your scraps bins!!! I have had to pack mine away until after the holidays. I have a quilt sitting out for my stitching time though. I am so excited to hear that you will continue the link party. Thank you so much. You certainly keep me and and other sweet quilters motivated. Have a a lovely week. Hugs.

Bonnie said...

I'm looking forward to some sewing time after lots of conflicts of interest. Hope we both make forward progress on our quilts and processing scraps. And, see if we can use some of those cut up scraps!